Chapter 10

HIYA!!!!!

Well I did it, I finally posted another chapter =-) 

Really sorry about the really long wait but things just kept getting in the way and it was annoying the hell out of me not being able to write!!! xx

Thanks so much for you patience and continued support!!!!!! =-) xx

Vote and Comment !!!

..........................................................

I stuffed the last Jaffa cake into my mouth before washing it down with a mouthful of Dr Pepper. I slumped back down onto the bed and licked the remains of chocolate from around my mouth and smiled in utter peace and content.

Jake had banned me to my room because I had commented that Sophie’s food was going to come alive and eat me. I hadn’t put up an argument because I remembered that I had brought along with me a secret stash of junk food for emergencies, and horrible food counted as an emergency.

I downed the rest of the Dr Pepper and when I stared at the four walls I realised something, I was bored. I hadn’t had this feeling in a long time because I had my friends and close friends to hang out with. Now I’am in a new place where no one knows me, and all the hard work I put into my reputation was gone.

Without another thought I slipped on my jacket and boots and climbed out the window. Back at my house, it was really easy to just drop down onto the shed roof and from there onto the grass, but here the fall to the ground was a lot more dangerous and my only escape was the drain pipe. When the pipe was in my grasp I slid down while trying to avoid making much noise; as soon as my boots came into contact with the ground I wiped the mud from my hands and began to walk into town.

There was a reason why I hated small towns; for one everyone knew each other but the fact that they had a limited amount of bars really got to me.

The evening air was chilly as it gently moved my hair around my face; I tucked my hands into my jeans pockets as I walked with no idea where I was going. All the shops were shut with some lights illuminating the window displays and casting a gentle glow over the pavements. I halted my steps when my eyes caught the sight of a small bar tucked down a small side street; the name ‘Drink It up’ was lit up in a bright white lights and music from inside could be heard.  

Without a second thought I opened the door and immediately a few people stopped what they were doing and looked at me. There were only a few people close to my age while the rest were older men looking for a few drinks or a girl to have a good time with.

 I strolled towards the bar that was set against the left hand side wall. Wooden tables and chairs were arranged around the floor while two small steps took up to a snooker area.

I sat down on one of the bar stools and straight away a bartender asked for my order,

“Whisky on the rocks”. Whisky was one of my favourite drinks but I got a lot of stick from Jessica because apparently it’s an old man’s drink.  

While the bartender poured my drink, I slipped my jacket off and placed it on the stool next to me. The place was really warm and I enjoyed the smell of sweet alcohol that filled the room.

“Here you go”.

I smiled at the bartender “thanks”. Sipping the Whisky, I felt contented with a taste so familiar from home. Even though there were many people around me and the sound of their laughter, words and music filled the room, I still couldn’t help but feel lonely. I had no friends here and what life I did have, I would now have to start again.

Moving onto a much stronger drink, I realised the second bartender that had appeared around my second drink was casting me an accusing glance. The young bartender with brown eyes and a cute smile had served me with no questions, but this guy obviously knew I was under age.

To prepare for any confrontation I slipped my fake I.D out and placed it on the bar in front of me. I could feel his gaze even as I stared at the liquid in my glass and just as I thought I heard him approach “I.D please”.

I looked up at him and kindly smiled back, even though the small beard that covered his chin made him look stupid and me want to laugh. I picked up my I.D that a friend, of a friend had kindly made for me “here you go”. He quickly snatched it off me but as his eyes read over my information he laughed “it’s not bad but I’ve been in this business to long not to recognise a fake”.

 “Look, I have no idea what you are talking about but I can grantee you that I’am of legal drinking age”.

He leaned in close and I cringed back from the small of peanuts that hung on his breath, “yeah and I have tons of girlfriend!” Oh, he wanted to be sarcastic with me did he?

“Now Miss Harley, I’m calling the cops because I don’t want trashy girls like you bringing my bar down”.

 I don’t know what happened next because before I knew it, I had wrapped my hand around the back of his head and brought it down hard on the bar. The sound of his head meeting the bar was painful, but all he would suffer is a really bad concussion and a massive bruise.

I looked down at his unconscious body “who’s trashy now?”

I sipped the remaining mouthfuls of my drink and picked up my jacket ready to leave. However when I faced the rest of the bar, people were standing up and staring at me with shock and hate. I clicked my tongue and gestured over my shoulder, “friend of yours?”

One guy stepped up, and by the look of his angry gaze I knew I was in for a fight. I dropped my jacket, took my fighting position and raised my fists “bring it big guy”.

“Leave her alone!!” The smooth yet commanding voice that had spoken belonged to a woman with a short black haired bob, killer green eyes and long slender legs covered in the tightest jeans I had ever seen. A black denim jacket and pink shirt framed her upper body with a long silver necklace hanging around her neck.

Instantly the people that had wanted to hurt me backed off and resumed what they were doing.  I picked up my jacket and calmed the adrenalin that had begun its race around my body; the woman’s green eyes watched me and the smile that curved her pink lips made me feel uneasy.

“Thanks for that, but I could have easily taken them”.

She laughed and the sound seemed almost foreign coming from her lips, “oh I have no doubt Erika”.

When my name left her mouth I was instantly on alert “who are you and how do you know my name?”

The heels of her leather boots clicked against the floor as she moved closer to me and each step she took I squeezed my hands tightly into a fist, ready and waiting for her to make a move.

“My name is Alyssa Frost and the people I work with would like to offer you a job”.

“What kind of job?”

She smiled “the one you’re best at”.