Chapter 15- SOS

Chapter 15- SOS

*Alexis POV*

After Cole left I fixed my makeup, had a small breakdown and then left the flat.

"Alexis?" I look up from the floor, meeting a familiar face.

"Will! How nice to see you!" I smile at him and give him a light hug, getting a quick whiff off his sweet cologne.

"You too. I met your boyfriend earlier this morning." He emphasizes the word boyfriend and I bow my head slightly out of shame.

"Yeah, sorry I didn't mention him earlier. I just had such a great time and I actually forgot about him." I give him my most charming smile, hoping that he will buy it.

"It's alright. I've also had a great time with you. Where are you going?" 

"I'm going to work. First day today!" I chuckle and the glance toward my watch.

"Shit! I got to go now, I'm sorry but I'll see you later!" I rush out the door, and instantly I'm met by the fresh morning air, the sun shining brightly and a cold breeze colours my cheeks. I hurry down the road, take two turns and suddenly I stand in the middle of a huge crowd. Shit. In the far distance I see the American Apparel logo and I internally sigh.

After pushing my way through the crowd for a good ten minutes and running into a coffee shop when the need for caffeine grew to strong. Finally, here I was, sitting in the reception ten minutes early while breathing in the strong smell of hot coffee.

"Miss Edwards?" A tall, middle aged woman appears in the reception, looking tired but with a genuine smile on her face.

"Yes, that's me! Nice to meet you. You must be Mrs Johnson." I stand up and swiftly walk over to her, my low heels clicking against the floor.

"First I'm going to give you your entrance card, then your ID that you have to wear inside the building." She hands me two cards and i accept them, hanging the ID card around my neck.

"Follow me." She proceed into the big building, showing me different rooms and levels in the house. When we get to the designing level I look around attentively, trying to spot Emma Moore. When I do I feel the same buzzing feeling in my stomach that I feel everytime I spot my suspect the first time. I take a deep breath to calm myself.

"Are you alright Miss Edwards?" Mrs Johnson asks with a curious expression on her face.

"Yes, it's just a lot to take in at the moment. But I really like it here, it seems like such a nice place to work." I smile at her. Good Alexis, flattering gets you everywhere. 

We continue until we get to my floor. I stop gaze out the big room and freeze at the sight of a man I never wanted to see again.

Ah damn. 

*Kyle's POV*

As I sit at lunch next to my new 'buddies' I can't help but let my mind wonder to Alexis. It really wasn't healthy for me to like her that much after knowing her for such a short time, but it's hard not to like her sarcasm and witty comebacks.

A sharp buzz from from the phone in my pocket vibrates soundly, earning me some confused looks. I smile apoligizingly, fish up the phone from the pocket and quickly check the screen. 

"Sorry guys, it's my girl. I got to take this." I try to walk nonchalantly out of the room, but as fast as I'm around the corner I run into my office, shut the door and check my phone. One new message from 'Lexie'.

'SOS'

Three simple letters that causes my heart rate to pick up and my palms to get sweaty.

What is wrong with me? I never get this nervous. Get yourself together Kyle, dammit!

I press the call button, wait as the torturous seconds go by. No answer. I try again. No answer. No. No no no no no. I need to reach her. Staring at my phone for a good minute or two, I finally press the buttons I memorized long ago. 

"Hello?"

"Hi Rob. It's been awhile."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'M SO SORRY PLEASE DON'T BE MAD.

I know I haven't updated in forever(at least it feels like it) but I have good reasons. Not excuses, but reasons. 

First of all, I went on a ski trip without my laptop. In the middle of the ski trip, I got the flu and had a high fever for another week, without the energy to even move. 

I've had numerous application tests for schools that I'm gonna apply for in the fall, and last but not least, school is CRAZY right now. The teachers are pushing all the things they didn't do the last three years on us now since we all change schools in the fall.

I want to dedicate this chapter to my crazy friend Julia, because she puts up with me when I'm at my worst and tell me whenever I'm being a bitch. Oh and you're awesome because you have a good taste in tv series. ;)

Anyway, hope you like this chapter. I'll get better at updating, promise!

//brunette_dreams