Chapter 1- Stranger than Ketchup on Pancakes

A/N:

Hello guys! This is my first story here! I hope you like the story and keep reading it! I'll post the cast list soon. There will be violent content in this story and a bit of strong language so I'm rating this story PG-13.

Chapter 1- Stranger than Ketchup on Pancakes

I push my sunglasses up on the bridge of my nose, keeping my head down discretely to avoid attention as I make my way over to the check-in desk. I quietly hand the woman my passport, or the passport of Natasha Smith, my alias for this specific mission.

”Miss, could you please remove your sunglasses and hand me your boarding card?” The woman behind the desk smiles politely at me. I do as I’m told, keeping my glasses in my hand so that I can slip them on as fast as possible.  With a polite smile she indicates for me to move towards the plane that will bring me back to London.

I can’t wait to get a new operation to work with, this one has just been unnecessary and boring.

”Miss Smith? I’m so sorry to disturb you, but we’ve got an important message to you from London. Would you please follow me to the phone in the front of the plane?” A kind woman tap at my shoulder, making me look up from my book. I perk up, it has to be from the office. 

”Of course.” I smile at her as she leads me to a phone in a cramped secluded area.  

”Hello?”

”Who is this?”

”This is Natasha Smith. What can I help you with?”

”What’s your favorite piece of candy?” I smile as I hear the confirmation question being asked.

”I absolutely love spicy pepper.” I can’t stop the wide grin on my lips now, It’s so silly that I still find this amusing after two months.

”Confirm yourself agent.”

”Agent Alexis Stone. Mission Morocco 357. Identity number 2178050.”

”Good morning agent Stone. There has been a slight change of plan upon your arrival in London. A SUD cab will be waiting at Heathrow to take you to the headquarters. You will get more information when you arrive here. Goodbye agent, have a pleasant flight.” The line goes dead as I stand puzzled in the tiny space. That was strange. Stranger than ketchup on pancakes.

I spot the green cab with the tinted windows and make my way over, keeping my heavy duffelbag clutched tightly in my hand as i dodge my way through the crowd. I open the door to the cab, throwing my bag first and then stepping into the cab. I release a sigh as I finally take of my glasses.

”Hello Agent Stone. I have orders to drive you directly to the headquarters, no stopping by your apartment as we usually do.” I let a frown take place between my eyes as I mutter to myself, but I don’t question him.

As we pull into the normal-looking building that hides our whole organisation I get this weird feeling in my gut, telling me something is going on.

”Ah, miss Stone. Thank you for coming here so quickly.” My boss, Mr Wright, says as I walk into his big office. I give him a quick nod and then I notice a person in the corner. As I identify the man i gasp loudly. Of course I didn’t notice him first! He’s a master att being uncover. After all, he is the boss over the whole Secret Undercover Department. No one really knows about his life outside of the SUD, but apparently his last name is Thompson or something like that. Wow. I’ve only met him once before. He must have noticed my bewildered look because he soon stepped out into the middle of the big room.

”Agent, please sit down. We have some bad news, I’m afraid. The government is shutting us down.”

I just sit there with my mouth wide open. This is not good.

”Calm down. They’ve allowed us to go on with our operations, but this organisation will be even more secret than before. This base will be destroyed and all our files of you agents will be deleted. From monday morning, Alexis Elizabeth Stone will no longer exist. None of us will. The only files that will remain are a paper copy in a missile proof box that will be hidden somewhere in the world where nobody but me knows where it is. Your apartment is empty and and all your stuff are being sent to New York as we speak.”

”New York? What am I going to do there?”

”I know you’re confused and I understand that, but please agent, let me finish and you’ll understand. Since we still have loads of important cases that no one else can take care of me and the leading will move somewhere unknown where we won’t be found. We will keep communication through computers that you will have in your new residents. All agents will be paired up and moved somewhere in the world. You and an agent by the name of Kyle Williams will be paired up together. You will have a month to get to know each other and your identities for this case. You will live together and do operations together. This is for your own safety. Any questions?” This was a lot to process. This came like a shock to me. My whole body feels numb and I can’t really understand the full meaning of his words. I’ve always worked solo, except from when I was trained when I first came here.   

”So I will no longer exist? How is that even possible? I have a whole life here! I have friends who will remember me and all my neighbors. What will agent Williams call me? Don’t I have a name? What will happen if I want to quit and live a normal life? What will my name be?” I frantically try to understand the meaning of this information.

”All records of you will disappear. Birth certificates will be in the safe I told you about but there will be no traces left of you. It will be like you never existed. All your friends have been informed that you’re dead and on your ”funeral” their memory of you will be erased with hypnosis. Same with your neighbors. Your name will be assigned to you with every new case. You and agent Williams will have to figure out what to call each other. If you want to quit we’ll erase your memory from this time and you will be told that you’ve been in a coma. You’ll get your identity back as if nothing happened.” I feel slightly relieved at that information.

”Now, as you know you’ll be working with Agent Williams. He’s twenty-five years old, so two years older than you. Was trained here he was eighteen, then he served the army. He’s a great agent. Can we bring him in now to go over the case?” I nod, too caught up in my own thoughts to really comprehend what he’s saying.

The sound of a door opening startles me, and as I turn towards the sound my mouth falls open.

"Agent Stone, meet agent Williams."  

Bloody hell.    

So this is the first chapter of the story. Hope you like it!  

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW  

// brunette_dreams