Chapter 14- Real Edward Cullen style

The last few days have been spent preparing for tomorrow, the dreaded Monday. 

I'm freaking out. I was expecting at least a months preparation for this missions start, not four days! And what bothers me even more is the fact that Kyle seems perfectly calm with this.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Kyle asks when we lie in the bed, as much distance between us as possible.

"Yes." I don't want to admit my nervousness to him, especially when he acts so calm.

"Are you sure?" He smirks at me.

"Yes I am, now let me sleep." I huff angrily and turn away from a chuckling Kyle.

"Sweet dreams Lexie." 

"I hope you get nightmares, twat."

"Hey, Lexie. Get up." Kyle poked my shoulder but I just rolled over, snuggled into my pillow and sighed.

"You leave me no choice." Suddenly, rays of sun shone through the big windows, blinding me.

"Why, Kyle, why?" I groaned but slowly pushed myself out of the bed and stumbled towards the bathroom while Kyle gave me a smug smile.

*Kyle's POV*

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I groaned, tumbling out of bed as I reach for my alarm, squinting at the bright numbers. Six thirty. Shit.

As I turn on the lights, I notice Alexis sleeping besides me. Of course I know that she's sleeping in the same bed as me but I've never actually witnessed her sleep because I always fall asleep and wake up at the same time as her. She looks really cute, mouth slightly open, eyelids shut and an impressive bedhead. I stifle a laugh as I eye her tousled hair spread out on her pillow. Wow, I'm such a creep, watching her sleep and all. Real Edward Cullen style. And no I haven't watched all the twilight movies... I promise!

As I walk out of the shower fifteen minutes later with just a towel slung low on my hips, I notice Alexis stir in her sleep and then she suddenly starts to mumble incoherent words. Though I can make out some words, or rather names, that she mumbles.

"Kyleee. Don't push ducky Will. Ducky Will sad." She pouted as I stifled my laugh. 'Ducky Will'? She can't be serious. Although I'm a bit pissed that she dream about Will, I'm happy I'm also a part of her dream, even as the mean guy who pushed the ducky. 

I walk into our wardrobe, throw on the clothes that dad's assistant helped me pick and walk into our bedroom again.

"Hey, Lexie. Get up." I poke her shoulder softly, and I'm instantly shocked with how soft her skin is. I mean does she take a bath in coconut oil daily or what? Anyways, she doesn't respond to me except for a groan and cutely snuggling her nose into the pillow. As much as I want to let her sleep, I know she has to get up now. 

"You leave me no choice." I walk up to the curtains and open them. I'm met by a beautiful New York City, the town already up and running this early September morning. Alexis just grunts and then stumbles toward the bathroom. I hear the shower turn on and then I know for sure she's awake. 

"Kyle? What is that amazing smell?" Alexis walks into the kitchen, fully dressed in a cute blue suit and a pair of low heels that makes her an inch taller, but still so much shorter that me. 

"I'm making breakfast. Why are you already dressed? You don't start until nine and it's like an hour and forty five minutes until then."

"Well I was thinking about going out and getting a coffee and then walk to work. When are you leaving?" She asks me.

"I'm gonna leave in fifteen minutes, right after breakfast." Alexis takes out a couple of plates and puts them on the kitchen island.

"Sounds good. Do you want bacon and scrambled eggs?"

"Hell yeah! Why wouldn't I?" Her voice is laced with excitement and I laugh.

"I don't know. I just thought that girls were on diets and stuff..." 

"You think I need to loose weight?" Now she's frowning at me, and if looks could kill I'd be six feet under very fast.

"No! Shit, I didn't mean it like that!" I stutter out the words. Damn Kyle, why did you have to mess it up? She's gonna kill you!

"Whatever. Now give me my food." She sits down on a chair and I walk over and put the food on her plate before proceeding to serve myself some. We eat in a comfortable silence and soon I'm walking out the door, telling Alexis goodbye. 

As I get out of the elevator, I meet Will. Damn.

"Good morning Mr Brown." He gives me a polite nod.

"Morning Will." I proceed out of the building, not comfortable being near Will. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!

I'm sorry I didn't update but I've got a writers block.  But here's the chapter, hope you like it!

//brunette_dreams