Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 3

You need this

You need this. You can do it. It won't even hurt. Just do it. Come on. Don't you want to be strong? Imagine the power you'll get from it. The power of another soul rushing through your veins.

Shut up...

But you want it. You can still taste his blood, can't you?

Shut up!

Why do the lives of those beneath you concern you? It doesn't matter. None of them matters. You're a god. You're their superior.

SHUT UP!

I jumped out of the bed and started pacing the floor. I squatted down and pressed my hands against my ears. But shutting out your own voice is completely impossible.

None of them matter. Seth matters. No, he doesn't. His soul does. No. I am better than this. Are you? Remember what you did.

I haven't forgotten... but I have changed! I am not that person anymore. Yes, you are. You can't change. Yes, I can! Seth believes in me. I have to be better. I have to!

I leaned up against the wall and slammed the back of my head against it. I just wanted this to end. I wanted to be strong again. I wanted to be strong and perfect for Seth. He deserved nothing less than perfection but right now I was so weak.

I just wanted the souls...

I opened my eyes and something under the bed caught my attention. I crawled over the small space between me and the bed and pulled out what turned out to be a picture. The corners of my mouth tipped upwards. It was a picture of Seth with what must be some of his friends. He wasn't very old. Nine maybe and he had his arms around two boys. They were all three smiling. He was so mortal. He was so... Normal.

But his soul isn't.

Oh, for crying out loud, shut up already! Let me just have a second of peace where I don't think about feeding!

I looked down at the picture again. He was a lot taller than the other two boys, and his green eye almost sprang out of the picture. I put the picture down on the desk and started pacing again.

I had controlled this before. I hadn't even thought twice about eating his soul. I hadn't even thought about it once. What had changed? Well, he tapped into his powers.

Maybe his soul had awakened or something. I don't know. I never listened when my siblings talked about shit like this.

I wish I could... I didn't know what I wished for. I just wanted it to end. And I was the only one who could end it. I could leave. Breaking through Tobies' ward would be hard, but I knew I could do it.

But I didn't want to. I was being selfish. I could totally be with Seth without hurting him or anybody else. Well, fuck anybody else, I only cared about him.