Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Chapter 1

It was hot

It was hot. Not the fun kind, but the kind where you were thinking your skin was about to melt off.

I was sweating in places I didn't even know I could sweat.

Bombay was not as fun as I had anticipated. It might be because we had Sam with us, and as long as Sam was around, Saga was back to being a walking douche. I mean, I got why it was necessary, but that didn't mean I had to like it.

Tobies made the trip bearable. We got along. Kind of.

The streets of Bombay were dusty and after ten minutes outside, I felt like I needed a shower. And we weren't closer to finding Saga's sister. Tobies was sure she was here though, and I was too though I hadn't actually shared my ability to sense the gods. I reckoned it wasn't normal for Watchers. I reckoned nothing was really normal.

The last two and a half years I'd spent with a god, who stumbled into my path while I was still a lonely college student.

Thinking back on my earlier life, made it seem so... Normal. And not mine. I couldn't imagine ever going back to that life. It was so strange to me now. I was a Watcher and an angel. I didn't have wings or anything, but I had wicked powers, I kept feeling rushing through me.

It was nothing like Saga's though. He was a god. His powers were bound by his sister right now though by the black tattoos around his wrists, ankles and throat. But when they weren't? He had showed me some of them, but he kept alluding to him having more than just those.

We had both changed since we met, Saga and me. He used to be able to shift appearance just by thinking about it, being a blonde bimbo one minute and then a giant dude the next. He could do so much more than that too. He had wiped half of the country of Thailand off the surface of the earth, putting us in a very awkward position here.

We weren't only dodging his maniac brother, but also everybody else. Nobody here was on our side of this war against Saga's father, the God of Gods. The maker of all the gods, Saga and his siblings.

And dodging everyone had proved to be a challenge when everybody knew who Saga and I were. And we were easily recognised. Saga with his tattoos, and me with... well. My scarred face and my odd coloured eyes. One brown and one green.

So we spent a lot of time not doing a damn thing. The first day we arrived, a group of maygis had recognised us and then tried to burn us alive.

If Sam hadn't teleported us out of there, we would all be toast now. The second day a half-blood saw me on the street and tried to strangle me. Saga had snapped his neck within seconds.

Even though he didn't have any powers anymore, he was extremely good at hand-to-hand combat. Not as good as Tobies, but he had been in the military since he was seventeen.
Saga was just ruthless. What good intentions and inner zen he had had he'd left behind in Switzerland. Nothing mattered to him except finding the sister who bound his powers.