Chapter I part III: Secrets

King Sylvester's Pov:

As my son Lukas left me alone, I growled. He needs to understand that he is from loyal blood, and that he must accept the rules of the royal family. Ah the royal family, it feels wonderful to have the power. Long before I took over the throne, I was the leader of the most dangerous group of thieves, the Nightmares. We spreader fear and stole all the goods after we take the life of their owners. King Xavier, the king before me, wanted us dead, yet the fool could never find a single clue on where we were. 

Over the years we were rich and people still feared us, but we wanted more riches. We wanted more power. So, I decided to take the throne. At first my plan was to kill the king and his heir and marry his queen by force. But when I found out that his heir was a lovely female, who is my wife now, this made the movement much easier.  The original plan was to kidnap the princess and force the king out of the throne. But I fell for her when I laid eyes on her, I couldn't take her away, so we came up with another plane. The royal family and the rest of the kingdom didn't knew our faces, so when we went to a party he threw, it made things much easier.

I met Mary on the most beautiful dress she wore. I introduced myself and gave her false information of who I was and where I was born. I asked her to dance with me, she accepted. We danced the entire night and people cheered for us. The king saw me dance with his daughter and was a little fishy with me. Even so, he was still oblivious on who I really was. After that night, the king told me I was welcome on seeing her daughter, and so I did so. I visited her everyday and we got closer than I could've imagined.

The king learned the we fell in love and he wasn't happy about it first, but when he saw how of a gentlemen I was, he give me his blessing on marring his daughter. We both got married a few months later and I was next in line. However, King Xavier and Queen Catherine had their suspicion on me, so I wasn't allowed to take over the throne yet. So from then, the rest of the nightmares and myself knew one thing was clear.

The king and queen needed to die.

But I couldn't murder them, otherwise that will bring suspicion. So, I created a special poison to kill the royal leaders peacefully. This poison is colorless and odorless, and it was also a little weak from the original poison. But this was the only thing that I could use in order to kill the royal family. I made the poison go to the throats to the king and queen on their sleep, and they had passed away the following night. After the passing of King Xavier and Queen Catherine, Mary was devastated. After their funeral, I was given the crown and I became king. As soon as I did, I got rid of the knights of the castle and the Nightmares replaced them. Then, I played my role, the way we wanted it. 

The kingdom were forced to give me their money and if they refused, they would be executed. I executed those rule breakers and those who wanted me out of the throne. People began to fear me, and I knew if Mary were to find out what I was doing to the kingdom, I would be in trouble, because she knows many secrets that I don't. In order for me to keep her oblivious on what's happening, I banned her from leaving the castle walls, she wasn't happy about it first, but then I told her about my group and how I wanted her to be safe, she had no other choice to agree. When Mary announced that she was caring my child, I wasn't sure how to react, but then I learned that he or she would follow my footsteps, so I played it happy.

When my son Lukas was born, he looked at me rather weirdly. I didn't know why, but I didn't care. As he got older, I realized how pathetic he acted. Lukas acted like his grandfather, a soul with a golden heart. I knew it would be useless to get him to become like me, so I made Mary give me another child. Soon, my daughter Petra was born. She became a spoiled brat at a young age, so I figured she would be much easier. However, after she saw the Nightmares dressed as the knights, training, she became rather excited on becoming a fighter, soon she was no longer a spoiled brat. I gave up on the idea and so, I decide to ban them from leaving the castle walls and they are to follow the rules of the castle. I plan their death after they become the age.

Then there was the first Order of the Stone. They were a group of resistance and fought to get me out of the throne. They stole my riches and food in order to give them to these peasants. I was angered at this, but then, I met a member of the group and I promised him riches and power if he were to tell me where the group was. His greed took over him and he took us to where they lived. We executed them as soon as we got them, and have I mention I don't keep my promises? Well, because I hanged the man who betrayed the group. When they were out of the way, I continued my wrath and made people suffer. That was until a few years ago, it seemed that the Order of the Stone had a generation, because a new group had form and they had followed their parent's footsteps.

They are ruining my plans and I can't seem to find where they live. We went to the Old Order's hideout, only to see it trashed, like the night we caught them. Which meant they were in another place of the kingdom. But where?

I don't know, but I don't care. Soon i'll find them and they will meet their faith like their parents had. Soon, no one will stop me.

"You may have won the battle Order of the Stone, but soon you will meet your execution." I laughed before I coughed. 

It was worth it.