Chapter I Part II: Family Bloodlines

Lukas' Pov:

"Absolutely not! As your duty of a member of the royal family, you must stay here until your marriage!" Yelled my father.

My frown deepened, but there was nothing I could do. If father demands that we can't leave, then I have no choice but to listen. I know it sounds unfair, however, as the prince, I have no higher ranking as the king, or my father as I would say so therefor I would have to listen.

"Yes father."

I turned around and left him there alone. All Petra and I wanted was a little piece of freedom, it sucks to live as a member of the royal family. Father himself was a citizen from outside the walls of the castle, mother was the princess, however she had more freedom than us. Mother herself wasn't pleased with the fact the our father wants us to do what we're suppose to do, so she secretly gave us the freedom by sneaking us out of the castle and see little of our kingdom. 

Although, I find something very strange, I wasn't the only one. Mother, Petra and I noticed the whole place deserted. People would peak out out of their windows before they frightfully hid behind the curtains. The streets were trashed and were was empty, not a single person was in sight. When we returned, father caught us and warned us to never leave the wall again. But, I noticed he had a rather panicked look on his face.

Despite all of that, I asked mother if that's how the kingdom acted, but she said that she had never seen the kingdom so deserted. When my grandparents still ruled the kingdom, you would see the streets filled with flee markets and packed with people with joy and no hit of fear on their eyes. After their passing, father was crowned and he took over the kingdom. I wonder what happened that caused the people to be this frighten. I once asked him about it and he said he didn't know, but I could sense that he was lying.

At that point, I was scared on taking father's place after he passes. I feared at the thought that I would fail on becoming a great a king, a king that the kingdom needed. Mother, being kind in her heart told me I had nothing to be afraid of and that I should trust myself. That isn't my only fear though. Another fear I have is my marriage. I'm not getting married yet, but soon I will and well, i'm scared on marring on whoever I want. Mother and father were kind enough and allowed me to chose my bride. I was lucky as my sister.

My sister, as you already know is Petra. She is rather different from the other women of all of Minecraftia. She would rather fight than stay and act like a normal princess or girl. That's one of the reasons father loves her. She is brave and shows no fear to anyone. She was rather a spoiled brat when we were younger, but when she saw our knights train, she was no longer spoiled, which relief mother for some odd reason. Well whatever is the reason, who cares, what matters is that she's not spoiled as she was before.

"So what did father say?" Asked my sister as I walked in the empty training area.

"Take a guess...." I answered which made her growl.

I took a good look at Petra. She had her sword on the belt and was wearing one of the armor the knights wore however it was a woman's version and it was color blue as her bandanna. That bandanna was a present from mother, since then Petra never lost sight of it and kept it close by. As for the armor, father gave it to her when she turned sixteen last month, although, she's not allowed to fight unless it's needed to protect herself, which really got Petra upset since she always wanted to fight. But father kept on telling her that she must act like a proper princess, which she hates doing. She's rarely allowed to wear it, but it seems like she manage to wear it without father knowing.

"Great..." She muttered.

"Look Petra, I know that we both want to get out of the castle walls, but we aren't allowed. Not until I become king at least." I said, rather bitterly.

"This is so unfair! We've been cooped up in these walls for years! Wouldn't he let us out the walls just a little bit!?"

"Apparently not. As part of the royal family and having lower ranking than the king, we have no choice but to follow father's orders." I sighed

"Lukas! Don't tell me you want to stay cooped up in here!"

"No I don't. I want to leave these walls like you, but we can't because father has his knights roaming around the kingdom. If we were to get caught, we'll get in trouble for sure." I explained, which made her groan. I chuckled at this. "You know, you're starting to act like the spoil brat you were when you were five."

Petra glared at me before she sighed in defeat. "I guess I am. But I really don't want to spend the rest of my life here behind these walls!"

I sighed and didn't say anything else. I knew how badly she wanted to get out of these walls, so do I. I want to leave the walls, and hopefully learn how to live a normal life with out being treated by royalty. 

But there is nothing we could do now.... The only thing we could do right now is wait.

"Soon we'll be out of these walls we call prison...."