Chapter I, Part I: Order of the Stone

Jesse's Pov:

"T-thank you...."

"It was nothing. Quickly! Get the gold and food inside before they catch you!" I whispered.

The Woman and her husband nodded before they grabbed the small bag of gold and two bags of vegetables, fruit and meat and some medical supplies. Once that was done, I look around and made sure the hood was still hiding my face before I ran. 

Since the day Sylvester took over the throne, many crops were destroyed, many of the animals were chased away and all of the medical supplies were burned down. People were also force to give up their money, otherwise they would get executed. Since all that happened, the first Order of the Stone created crops far away from here and would hunt from far away to collect and create medical supplies in order to give to the townsfolks. They did a decent job before they were betrayed and executed. Now it's our job to continue this and fight for the right of the people.

"Halt you filthy animal! On the order of king Sylvester! I command you to stop!" Commanded a commanding, yet angry voice.

"Shit!" Cursed Jesse as he stopped and turned around to face a black knight riding a stallion quarter horse which had big bags in them. Gold he presumed.

"Yes? What does the king desire?" Asked Jesse calmly while trying to hold the urge to lunge on him to kill him there and now.

"Empty your pockets! Or else you will face your execution!"

"I get hanged if I don't pay? Geez, don't think that's too harsh?" Asked Jesse, though the question didn't need to be answered.

"Rules are rules peasant! Now pay up or you shall be thrown in the dungeons until your execution is set!"

Jesse resisted the urge to kill the knight and payed him the extra money he had. The knight glared at it before he swiped it and went back to the castle. Jesse growled and looked up in the roofs.

"You two can come out now..." He spoke calmly.

As soon as he spoke, Olivia and Ellegaard slowly came down from the roofs. Jesse could sense that they resisted the urge to blow their cover to kill the knight. The two were in watch of any trouble of the poor citizens, today was a quiet, well, almost quiet day today.

"I wish we could just ambush them." Muttered Olivia.

"So do I." Muttered Ellegaard.

"We could, but them we will face death before we could even touch king Sylvester." Pointed out Jesse bitterly which made both of the girls sigh. Jesse shook his head and walked away with the girls back to their hideout. It would take about seven miles on foot, but thanks to Axel, Magnus and Jessica, they had horses so they should get there in an hour. The horses were a bit further away so that they wouldn't be found by the royal knights, only to get taken away and back into the castle. After ten minutes, they reached the spot they hid the horses and got on.

Jesse's Pov:

"I wonder what Maya will bring from the castle for tonight's dinner." said Olivia after a few long minutes.

"Me too. I remembered when she brought that ham and loads of bread for dinner that night." said Ellegaard.

"Lets not forget that salad we had made from the gardens and the fresh meat your boyfriends brought from their hunt. Oh! Lets not forget that pumpkin pie my sister and I did" I smiled.

Maya is one of our members, she is working as a chef in the castle to serve the royal family. She could have poisoned the king now and then, but we can't do it, because Aiden, another member of our group is asked to taste the food before the king decides to eat it. So if Maya were to poison the food, then we will get Aiden killed and the king will cause a Genocide. That't the last thing we want to happen. Although, that's a good job for her too. Because she gets to steal some of the food from the castle so she can bring it to us. We eat some of it and give the rest to the townsfolks.