Chapter Two

Mulai dari awal

I looked at my cell phone for a moment to see if he was still on the line however it just came back with my home screen picture of me and Nova pulling faces.

With the help from Nova we managed to pick out a trendy suit for the interviews on Friday. It had a black pencil skirt and white shirt. With a black jacket.

I'm going to get a job. I said over and over to myself.

I'm not going to get these jobs. I said with defeat. I just left my second interview at the last bar that Nova set me up with. I barely sat down in the second interview when the manager asked me why I left the Tiki Bar.

"I left because I wanted to experience working in different bars in L.A." I said with confidence. Hoping that unlike the manager of the last bar he did not know the reason why I was fired.

The manager a guy named Fred with greasy black hair and a tight shirt smiled over at me. "A little birdy told me that you got fired."

"Fired." I echoed like an idiot. "I have a referee Sam you can contact from the Tiki Bar. Who could give you more information."

Fred leaned forward on his desk. "I know all I need to know Ms Adams. And I know you won't find work in this town anymore as word has got out. However I am willing to over look your problems if you do something for me."

I watched in horror as Fred leaned back in his chair. Stroking himself under his trousers.

"Have you been doing that for the whole interview." My mouth was open in disgust.

"Yes!" He moaned undoing his belt. "Come here and finish me off."

I saw the pink tip of his c'ock appear out of his pants. His hand was fisted around it pumping himself whilst looking at me.

I got up of my chair picking up my purse and my C.V in the process then ran out the door onto the busy L.A street. It was then that I realised there was no point in going to the next interview. Somehow someone has been talking. Notifying people that I am a bad egg.

I walked like a zombie. My face was blank as I made my way through the streets to Nova's work place, trying to figure out just who is vindictive enough to ruin my job prospects.

I walked round to the back entrance of Nova's work place where all the dumpsters where located and the back entrance to the restaurant.

"Hey!" I called at the boy throwing a black bag into the dumpster. "Could you let chef Nova know I'm out back?"

He shook his head at me. "Sorry love. I got to get back to work." he started to walk back to the restaurant door.

"Just do me this favor please." I told him as I pointed over to the crates. "I be sitting over there. Tell her it's Kat."

He nodded his head then went inside. I sat on the crates making sure that they had nothing nasty on them first. I took my cell out of my purse to check the time. I was officially late for my interview next door.

I didn't have to wait long for Nova to appear from the side door. She came out in a rush taking off her white hat in the process to leave it inside the establishment. Her light brown skin had a blush to it as her short pixie hair was stuck to her head from the heat of the kitchen.

"Hey." Nova bent down to give me a hug. "How did the interview go?" She asked as she placed a sheet over the crates to sit next to me.

I expelled a long breath. "They went bad!"

"What happened?" Nova turned to face me grabbing my hands as a sign of support.

"Did you tell them the reason I got fired?" I asked her.