Chapter 35

Uploaded 08/07/2015
Edited 13-12-16

Chapter Thirty Five

The room was so quiet the phrase you could hear a pin drop came to mind.

A lot of heads were swiveling between what Nathaniel said and my mother who just sat there mesmerized looking at the man who claimed to be my father.

My eyes searched for him, to find him looking intensely at me. I took the time to really look at him. His eyes were so much like my own, the same shade of green.

I looked up to his dark brown nearly black hair, just the same as mine minus a couple of grays. The whole structure of his face from the cheekbones to his nose was like a male version of me.

I thought back to the conversation that we had last night. Both of us sure that we met each other before. We recognized each other from the family resemblance. I stood up wanting to go to him.

Ashley stood back releasing him from the chokehold. He nodded at me his face looking distant but firm.

Nathaniel shrugged off Ashley dad arm off his shoulder when he made a move to approach me. Flinging Ashley a glare in the process. He then proceeded to straighten his clothes and stretching out his neck.

"Katryna..." I stood rock still watching him as his hand reached out to frame my face.

For many years I always wondered what a reunion with my father would be like. For years without his presence I felt unloved, unwanted.

"I finally found you." He choked out his hand gripping my shoulders tightly to pull me into a hug.

My head went into his chest inhaling his cologne. My arms felt heavy, I wanted to lift them up to wrap around his waist to return to the hug that he was giving me but I was rooted to the spot. Physically and mentally unable to what in many years I wanted to do.

"Is he... my father?" I heard Sam quietly as from the table.

Nate took a step back looking over at my sister for the first time. His face we a mixture of sad and happiness.

"Samantha?" He asked this time with uncertainty, Sam taken more of my mother in terms of looks but have the same green eyes of me.

I saw her nod then stand up to walk towards us. This was enough to take me out of my dream like state.

I raised my hand to slap him across the face, the impact so hard he staggered to the side. I heard gasps around the room after the echo of the slap could no longer be heard.

"Where have you been all my life?" the words came out more broken than angry.

The anger than I had felt for my father has long since gone. I was left with disappointment that we were not enough for him.

He looked shocked that I would even hit him. His palm came up to cradle his cheek.

"What's going on here Nate?" The brunette that was sat next to him on the table came round to view us, crying into a napkin. "Who are these people?"

Mum came up behind me and Sam pulling us into a much-needed hug.

"Grace." Nathaniel pulled her close to him. "These are my daughters."

She looked over at us taking us in from head to toe.

"I don't understand how they can be your children. They look the same age as our sons." Her brown eyes flickered to my mum then back to his. "Have you had an affair?"

"I think we should take this to a private room." Vivian ever the voice of reason announced. "The rest of you please enjoy the lunch."

"Someone wheel me round with them." Charles spoke up from where he was seated. I was surprised he could hear what was being said.