Chapter Fourty

Uploaded 26/08/2015

"Katryna!" Nova whispered to me. "He can see you step back." She reached up to pull the satin veil over my face.  

I shook my head coming out the daze to see the wedding party walk ahead of me down the aisle. I could hear the piano playing lightly in the background. The cathedral was massive. The wedding party has not even reached half way.

My eyes were rooted to the top where Ashley intense blue eyes continued to look at me oblivious to his surroundings.

My mother stepped in front of me causing me to break from his glare. She had her hand tightly wrapped around her bouquet.

"You look wonderful." She placed a kiss on my forehead to take her place at the end of the wedding party making her way down the aisle.

I felt a tug on my dress to see Nova behind spreading out my train. She smiled nodding at me, her brown eyes twinkling with happiness.

"You ready princess?" Dad asked holding my hand in his. I nodded the fear that I had harboured at the beginning disappearing.

So what if he hasn't declared his undying love for me. I love him and that is enough for me, we are having a wonderful child together not to mention he is a successful business man.

I took a step and another one not recognising the wedding march that the organist was playing.

My eyes were connected to my soon to be husband. The man that I have chosen to spend my life with.

I took another eager step forward my head straight ahead blocking out the gasps from people in the stands. More than half of them I don't know or just read about them in the magazines.

If felt like no time that I was beside Ashley, Dad passed my hand over to Ashley to hold who held me close to him.

"Who gives this woman to this man?" The priest asked.

"I do." My father answered. His dark eyes regarded Ashley, he said so low that I almost didn't hear. "You make sure that you take care of her Wentworth."

"Do you receive this woman?" The priest then asked Ashley directly.

"I do." He replied solemnly.

"You may all be seated." He lowered his hands to indicate that the congregation should sit down. I did not even know that they were standing.

My whole attention was fixed on Ashley. The ceremony was very long with many hymns and passages being read out.

My pulse began to speed up when the priest called for the bearer of the rings to step forward. It felt as if my heart would burst out of my chest. From the comfort of my veil, I could see a man step forward to hand two rings to the priest who then presented one of the bands to Ashley.

"We would now begin the vows. Can the bride please say after me I Katryna Samantha Adams." He read from the book in his hands.

Ashley held up my left hand, the third finger placing the platinum band slowly on with each word that I said.

"I Katryna Samantha Adams," I repeated. "Take you, Ashley Jasper Wentworth, to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honour you all the days of my life."

The priest smiled glad that I didn't need any prompting with my vows. I felt the wedding band come to rest against my engagement ring. It felt strong and secure like how I feel with Ashley.

"Now the Groom. I –"

"I Ashley Jasper Wentworth." He interrupted the priest by taking the wedding band placing it in my hand so that I could place the ring on his left hand. "Take you Katryna Samantha Adams to be my lawfully wedded wife. To have and to hold. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love and honour you all the days of my life."