"What with all the noise?" I gave a fake yawn as I stretched my arms in the air. Damn I deserve an Oscar.

"Nothing." Nova said brightly. "You have three job interviews on Friday."

"Friday?" I sat up even straighter. "How did I get job interviews?"

"I applied for some jobs online for you and handed out your C.V when I was on my break from work!" Nova walked to the kitchen to prepare supper.

"Oh my gosh!" I jumped up from the sofa in my pajamas to run to give Nova a sweaty hug. "You are the best friend ever."

"More like the best sweaty friend ever!" She wrinkled her nose at me. "You smell. like you haven't washed for three days."

I spontaneously done a twirl around the kitchen. "That because I haven't." I said in a sing song.

"Don't be too happy. You haven't got the job yet." Nova said as she cleaned the chicken on the chopping board.

"But I will!" I wiggled my fingers at her making her laugh. "So where are these interviews and who are they with?"

"Two are at some bars and one is at the restaurant next to mine as a hostess." Nova cut the chicken into slices oblivious to my squeals of delight.

"I love it already." I started walking to my room. "I have two days to get my outfit ready for the interviews."

I was looking in closet for suitable clothes to wear to my interview when I decide to call Donny. I haven't heard from him since I told him I lost my job. I was too embarrassed to go into details so I just gave him the basics.

He answered on the third ring. "Hello?"

"Hey. It's me." I replied taking out a green skirt to look at it then put it back in the hanger. I don't know what cocktail I was drinking when I purchase that.

"Kat?" Donny questioned.

"Who else do you have calling your phone." I said absent minded as I flipped through the hangers seeking out a shirt.

'Why are you calling?" he said sharply.

"Do I need a reason to call my boyfriend?" My hand stilled mid search. Something was up. Donny has been acting weird these past couple of weeks. He kept telling me it was due to him taking more responsibility of his family business that his grandparents started. Donny is one of them boys that comes from old money. The same as Lexi.

"No." He gave a strained laugh. "It just that I been busy lately."

"Are we okay Donny?" I moved to sit down on my bed. I was getting signals that he does not want to be with me anymore. "I feel like we are drifting apart."

The phone was silent for a moment. "I do want to be with you." Donny voice deeply said from the other line.

My heart leapt in my chest, knowing that I lost my job as well as soon to be home. The most reliable person that I have in my life beside Nova was him.

"Would you like to come for dinner tonight?" I invited.

"That would be lovely but I think I am working late tonight. There is this merger that we need to complete and I want to make sure that we are not being conned." He joked.

"Okay." I said but he didn't add onto the conversation so I said. "Just pop round when you can. Even if it is late, we can have a snuggle in bed."

"That would be nice also. I got to go. I call you later." Donny then cut the call without waiting for my goodbye.