Roses And Thorns

Demarco

Shit had gotten real with the Samantha. It's been three days since she scrambled out of here. I've sent numerous texts and calls but nothing. No reply, not a damn thing. I had to see her, hear her voice, touch her, and I want lie I wanted a little piece of ass. The past few days was nothing more than a big ball of stress, but at least Conner pulled through. Then I wake to a note on the fridge let by Pape.

Looks like he found mom and went off to retrieve her. That should be interesting because if I know mom she's going to give him hell and put up one hell of a fight. But right now I've got my own crazy lady issues to deal with. Grabbing a quick shower I decided on a suit today then headed out. Stopping on my way to Sam's, I picked up some roses and the best chocolates ever made. This was another first for me. I'd never bought a gift for another girl. So far I'd had many firsts with Samantha.

First girl I've ever fell in love with, first time I ever said I love you, first virgin, first time I ever feared losing someone. She has the ability to piss me off but I don't know if I want to yell or kiss her. Sam definitely keeps my emotions in a whirlwind. My heart pumps hard when I see her and this funny tingling feeling dances in my stomach. I assume that's what people mean by getting butterflies.

Finally I pulled up in front of her apartment and within seconds I was pressing her doorbell. One of her roommates answered. Recognizing me, she allowed me entrance.

"I'll fetch Sam for you"

Before she could I heard Samantha's voice. "No need, I right here"

Turning toward her voice my face broke out in a wide grin. There she stood in the ugliest, fuzziest, pajamas known to man kind. They was bright orange and attached to her feet was these bulky house shoes in the form of some awkward creature. Her hair was in plated pig tails with a few stray hairs escaping. I loved this about her. She always made her own fashion statement and didn't care for designer, fashionable duds. She did allow Miri to play dress up with her but I could always tell she was uncomfortable stuffed into all that expensive clothing. She surely had her quirks but that made her all the more appealing. Note to self...take her shopping. That's if she would allow me. Not because I wanted to change a thing about her, but instead of her wearing thrift store duds she could get the real deal. I just want to pamper my girl.

Walking toward her I handed her the roses and candy. She smile which was a good sign right? "Their beautiful. Thanks Demarco".

Nodding her head to her bedroom I followed. Once inside she placed the flowers on her night table and laid the candies on her bed. "Sit down Demarco".

Uh-oh I thought, here it comes, the I can't be with you because your lifestyle speech. Sam remained standing as she twisted her fingers nervously and started pacing. Standing up I said in a hard tone.

"Look, I'll make this easy for you. See ya around Samantha".

"What?" She hissed as she grabbed my arm and basically shoved me back down. "I know you just didn't take that tone with me Demarco Harper".

Okay, she seemed pissed, this was definitely a game changer. "If you would stop jumping to conclusions that would  be great.  Yes we need to talk but I'm not letting you go you idiot. That's half your problem. You assume before you ask or listen".

Wow, I just got told but the strange part is I'm not even mad about it.

"Okay Demarco I'm going to be honest. Seeing you covered in bl..bl.. well you know what I mean freaked me out. I can't handle sights like that".

No shit I thought, she couldn't even say the word blood right now.

"All I ask is never let me see that again. I don't even want to know what you do outside our relationship. Wait, yes, yes I do want to know what your doing when your not with me".

I laughed at that. Now she wants to keep tabs on me.

"I mean I want to know your not out there cheating and such but when it comes to your work don't tell me a thing".

"Samantha I'd never cheat on you. And yes, I want discuss my job with you if that's what you want. I didn't won't you to see me that way. I wasn't  expecting  you to be there. I promise you'll never see blood again. If you scrape your knee or get a paper cut I'll cover your eye's until the blood is gone. Now are we done cause I could really use some loving?"

"How many baths have you had since that?"

Rolling my eye's i grumbled out "three"

"Did you scrub with bleach?"

"The fuck Sam".

Laughing she pounced on me and I'd never felt so complete. It wasn't long before I had her naked with her legs wrapped around my waist calling my name over and over. Afterwards we laid there feeding chocolates to each other. Samantha caught sight of the clock and jumped up. "My mom, I was supposed to visit her today".

"Don't sweat it cupcake. I'll take you".

A hour later we was walking into her mom's room. She looked better than the last time she seen me. Her color was better and her hair was tame. "Hi mom. I'd like you to meet my boyfriend Demarco Harper".

Her mom squinted at me "where have I seen you before?"

Sam shot me a worried look. I kinda smirked recalling how she woke in a drunken stupor but I convinced her she was dreaming. "I don't think you have maim".

She seemed to shrug it off and we all sat enjoying light conversation. Once we said our goodbyes I took Sam out for dinner.

As we sat eating I broached a subject I'd been thinking on.

"Cupcake I want you to quit your job".

"What" she hissed choking on her drink.

"I don't like you working there. It's not safe. Quit"

"Whoa Demarco, I just can't quit my job. I have bills to pay plus I have to eat".

"Yes you can. I can take care of your bills and whatever you need. Or we could just get a place together".

Samantha sat up straight and I could tell I'd struck a nerve. "Demarco I didn't come all the way to New York to be told what to do. I like my job and I'm keeping it. As for moving in together I'm not saying it's out of the question but for now I'm under a contracted lease".

"Fine Samantha" I said curtly tossing my napkin on my plate. Oh little girl I have ways. First, I'd pay her boss off to fire her, then I could have mom's company offer her a job so she could still work but under my families supervision. As for her lease, well I could handle that as well. Wouldn't be hard to bribe a slum lord into evicting  her. Then she'd be right where she needs to be, under my thumb. I always win.

I. Always. Win. Cupcake.

Smiling sorrowful I spoke. "Forgive me cupcake. It was just a thought. Of course keep your job and place. I'm sorry".

Samantha smiled and kissed my cheek. "It's no big deal Demy"

Taking her home I thought yep, in a month's time she will be all mine.