Cold Blooded

You could say I'm all out of fucks to give. Yep, my give a damn is busted. I shut that shit down the night I royally screwed up and let Miri walk out of my life. Now I was just a loner who wandered aimlessly not caring about a thing.

That's right, I use to be the calm, controlled one, but that was long gone. I went out on a regular basis looking for trouble. Nothing satisfied me like feeling the wrath of some bastard's fist crushing into my face. I'd let the piece of shit beat me to a pulp but then I'd rise and deliver my own hell upon him.

I'm almost certain I've left a few for dead, if not they was wishing I had. Demarco still hasn't spoke to me and I do know that Miri is in Alabama. I haven't forgot my promise to her. She will be mine and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Not my parent's, not Demarco, and not the king. Miri was born for me. My parent's along with hers have said this many times. I wonder if they know how true it's about to come.

Miri' s voice constantly rings in my ears like that annoying buzzing sound you get sometimes. I hear her laugh, her sarcasm, her cries, but mostly I hear the sound of my name coming from her lips from our night together. I want to hear her call my name for the rest of my life.

I was such a fool. I should have wrapped her in my arms that night, ran off with her like she suggested we do. Instead I made her hate me. Not only did I lose her love but I lost the friend I had in her. Miri was right, I was her best friend as she was mine. I miss our chats about nothing, our shared secrets. I miss hearing her call me olive. She's called me that since she was twelve. She loves to snack on green olives and as she was nibbling away, she held one up to my eye and said "your eye's match the olives. For now own I'm going to call you olive because I love olives and your my best friend".

The signs of her love was always there I just never took the time to recognize it, to busy trying to convince her to date me. All she wanted was time to explore but I refused her that. Where her Pape always kept her under his thumb she never got to experience anything. Even while I was trying to make her mine I was out there doing as I pleased. Partying, sleeping around,  doing all the normal things young people do. That's all she wanted, time to experience things but I was to stubborn to understand it.

I did call her once late one night and was surprised when she answered her phone.

"Hello Cole" she answered questionably.

I remained silent and Miri gave a small laugh.

"Olive I know it's you. I do have caller id".

"Mirimosa". Was all I could say.

"Cole what is it? Why did you call me?"

"You know your going to be mine one day, right?"

"Cole please don't start that up again. I gave you a chance and you blew it big time. You also chose another over me. Now goodnight".

Miri hung up before I could explain or apologize. I tried calling her several times but got no answer. Eventually she changed her number which pissed me off to no ends.

Stacy was long go from my life now. After the incident I tried to break things off with her but the bitch just wouldn't disappear. Eventually I caught her with another brother from the family but it didn't phase me in the least. That's his problem now. Poor sucker. All Stacy sees is money signs in us and she doesn't realize we could actually kill her and her body never be found for the games she plays with us. Stacy doesn't even know we are the mafia.

Recently I heard that Dem got his own place and I was heading over to check it out. True, he disowned me for what I did, not that I blame him, but I need him in my life. I'm sure we will have it out and he'll threaten to kill me....again, but it's time to repatch our friendship....hopefully.