XV

mathilda was walking on the sidewalks all by herself, thinking about how her life was so messed up, when suddenly someone screamed her name. "hey delgado, wait up"

mathilda turned her head to found clay jensen running to her. she smiled while waving at him. "hey jensen, what's up?"

"not much, just thinking about my life while taking a walk in the middle of the night"

"same"

there was a moment of silence between those two. they were just walking side by side without saying anything.

"soo.... you and hannah? is that a thing now? jeff said that he had been working his ass off to make you two a couple" mathilda asked him, breaking the silence.

clay heaved a sigh, "no.. we are not a thing".

"but you like her, right?" she asked him.

"wow.. you're exactly the same as jeff.. no i don't. i don't like her." he answered, completely in denial.

"okay then.. but if your really do like her, just say it before- you know... before you miss that chance" she said to clay, patting his shoulder as a sign of reassurance.

both of them grew silent again. at least, before they saw the two vehicles in front of them. it was the most horrifying sight ever. the two vehicles collided with each other, and one of them was

jeff's.

mathilda ran at the sight of it while praying that he would be alright. she can't lose him, at least not now when she needed him the most. her heart was beating so fast, and her body was shaking.

"mat wait!"

mathilda came to a halt as she saw her best friend in the driver seat, sitting helplessly with blood all over his face. there was a ton of beer scattered all over the car.

it can't be. he promised her.

"oh my god, jeff!" she screamed, trying to open his car door, hoping that the car was unlocked. she got nothing.

"clay, call 911!"

"let's go home, mathilda" maria delgado hissed at her bawling daughter that she just recently met. after taking a phone call from the police about her dead daughter's friend, maria was beyond angry. not because of the loss of her daughter's friend. she was beyond angry because she had to picked her daughter up, rather than doing her work at the office.

"no! i don't want to" mathilda screamed at her mother as she saw jeff's lifeless body being carried to the ambulance.

he was gone.

the only reason to keep her alive was now gone. what should she do now?

no more late night call . no more messages from him. no more talking about something random for 2 hours. no more watching the bachelor together. no more of him buying her favorite food. no more of her waiting for the baseball practice to ends so they can hang out at monet's afterwards.

no more reason to live.

"you are embarrassing me, mathilda! let's go!" maria delgado hissed at her once again, taking her wrist.

"don't touch me! please! i need to be with him" mathilda pleaded her mother.

"don't be such a drama queen, mathilda! people dies, okay? just get over it, it's mother nature. all you have to do is move on! now come mathilda, get in the car!" she said angrily, her grip on my wrist tighten.

so with that, maria managed to get mathilda in the car. their entire journey to their humble abode was full of the sounds her crying.

after they had arrived at their house, mathilda went straight to her room and cried again, wishing how she could be the one sitting on the driver seat of jeff's car, rather than him.

HEYYY I FINALLY KILLED JEFF. I KNOW IT'S HARD BUT HEYYAAA.

*dying inside*

I KNOW IT'S CRAP BUT OH WELL

I KNOW IT'S CRAP BUT OH WELL. AND I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT I WON'T BE POSTING AS DAILY AS USUAL BECAUSE- I KNOW YOU PROBABLY HATE THIS BUT... SURPRISE! SCHOOL MESSED ME UP. I WON'T BE TALKING FOR MUCH TOO LONG BUT, YOU KNOW HOW SCHOOL WORKS!

LOVE YOU!