Chapter twenty six

Chapter Twenty Six: Fucked

Nicholas was a bad son of a bitch, maybe it was because he was lonely and had a wicked sense of humour but maybe it was because he just loved being immortal. He had embraced being a monster from the very beginning, loving the power it gave him.

Edith taught him everything he knew, everyone forgot that. She was wicked at some point in her life and she had always taught Nicholas to grasp the power and let people fear his name.

Not many people had came across Nicholas, perhaps he had lived peacefully after Edith left because he wanted her games all to himself but after she left the Volturi, she had no interest sticking around to continue her games with humans. She had met Carlisle in the Volturi and she found him very compassionate and she liked that. However, knowing that they have to kill in order to survive she found Carlisle ironic.

When Nicholas had compelled Edith to leave the Volturi and despise her family; wanting it to benefit him. It backfired as Edith spent more time learning from Carlisle and converting to drinking animal blood. She left Nicholas without saying goodbye and that crushed the wicked man.

He was angry, so very angry and wanted revenge. He didn't want to kill her, not even hurt her. He wanted to hurt Carlisle and her new family. He wanted to watch as the friend they once loved like family would change and become the childish, spoiled brat she once was. He wanted to make her remember the good times with him so that she would change and unfortunately rejoin the Volturi.

He didn't care if she had found her soulmate, he couldn't have been that much of a mate if they weren't together.

Edith was his and he wanted her for the rest of their existence.

When he had walked through the door, with Edith covered in human blood, all eyes faced them. With Edith's lips stained red with the blood and it dripping down her neck, it had dried in, leaving her an unstable mess.

"What have you done?" Shouted a voice which she did not expect to hear. She whimpered at the loud voice, Embry, who was now being held back by Carlisle.

He glared at Nicholas with hatred and he wanted to kill, he wanted to rip his porcelain frozen arms from his body and kill him.

Edith had broke the treaty, she had killed someone and Embry truly didn't know that to expect. He was shaking and Jacob was trying to take control of the situation.

"What? Was the joke that bad?" Nicholas smirked, putting an arm around Edith but she just stayed still. Her eyes were bright red and she looked alive, she looked free from all the pain and misery with one drink of human blood.

"Why did you do this?" Alice asked in a hushed tone, trying to keep her calm. They all knew what would happen if she got angry, she would scream and people would get hurt.

"That's what we do? We kill to survive. Right Nick?" She looked towards Nicholas and he nodded. He was watching everyone else's reactions.

Rosalie looked disgusted. Edith was easily influenced when Nicholas around her. From what she heard from Carlisle. In fact, the full family were shocked and surprised.

The whole room was in an uproar.

"We have a treaty with the wolves. You've broken it." Edward raised his voice.

"Embry won't kill me. He loves me and he's a wolf." She looked at Embry and tried to step forward but Jasper stopped her, controlling his own bloodlust for the sake of his family.

"You think I'll kill you, Embry?" She scoffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder. Embry just looked at her. She moved away from Nicholas and made Embry uncomfortable by standing in front of him.

"You scared of me or are you scared for me?" She cocked her head to the side and awaited his answer.

She went to touch his face with her bloody hands to prove a point but Embry stopped her.

"This new found love for human blood has put me in the mood for sweet Olivia." She pouted at her mate. His heart was slowly breaking inside seeing Edith like this. It was a shock to the system. He didn't care for Olivia, he had ended it that morning, after realising what he had truly done. He didn't like how she treated the life of a human. He didn't like this side of Edith.

"You don't want me?" She asked.

"No, I don't." He said with his jaw clenched with anger. Nicholas' eyes lit up with amusement, this would destroy Edith and she would come crawling back to him, finally.

"That's a god damn pity." She flashed her former mate a large smile as she had a smug look on her face.

"It's a good job we aren't together because imagine the look on your face if we were. Wowcha."

"Edith, I think it's best if we leave now. What'd ya say?" Nicholas raised an eyebrow and held his hand out for Edith to take.

"Yeah, this tea party is boring."