Betrayal

Betrayal

The submarine with their flag rose above the sea level. Water gushed down the side of the submarine, making the ladder to the cockpit into the submarine visible. The 21 men all broke into smiles and quickly jumped into the sea to make their way into safety.  Currents smashed into them as they swam with all their might to reach the submarine. Panic struck all their hearts, fearing that their enemies might find them out. They were all in point blanc range and could be easily shot down. They were wrong. The enemies were none but their own people. They were about to be executed. So close yet so far… sigh, the mission was a failure to begin with.

A screeching sound emerged from the top of the submarine and a person hauled himself out, making his way to the ladder. One of the 21 men had already reached the last few handles of the ladder. His face was overwhelmed in joy and was all smiles. He reached his hand out to the person, in need of help to pull him up as he had no more strength left. Bright teeth of his shone at the mysterious person with his hand in the air waiting. However, there was a mysterious aura surrounding the person. A deadly intent it was.  Jin-pyo started to realize what was about to happen. Things weren’t going exactly as planned. But he was the only one who was able to catch onto the situation that fast. The rest of his comrades were all blinded by their imaginations of the future they have with their loved ones when they return home from their mission.

“Bang!” a gunshot blasted at the dead of the night. All the happy faces vanished as they saw the first of the 21 men who reached the end of the ladder fall into the sea. It all happened so fast.

“I thought they were our men! They should help us! Why are they shooting us!?” exclaimed the puzzled soldier on the mission. Another gunshot sounded and his head was blown off. A look of despair emerged on everyone’s face as they turn and saw a shooter with his eye on his scope of his sniper. They had no chance of surviving.

Blood dyed the sea red and there was a massive bloodbath. One by one, the 21 men were shot down and dead bodies started to float on the evil shores of the North Korean sea. They were rendered helpless, tired and lost. They had no one to believe in, not as if they can anymore.

Despite all the shooting and confusion, there is but one sole survivor. While the sniper was shooting the rest of the team, Moo-Yul also caught on quick onto the situation. He took a deep breath and pushed Jin-pyo, who was carrying him on his back into the depths of the murky water, hiding him from the range of the sniper’s view. Jin-pyo realized what he was doing and wanted to turn him around but it was too late. A bullet shot Moo-Yul straight through his heart and that was when Jin-Pyo felt really lost. His strong hands forced Jin-Pyo into the sea and his body blocked more stray shots from hitting him. Blood gushed out of Moo-Yul’s body, leaving Jin-Pyo the sole survivor of the 21 men. A pleading expression was written on Moo-Yul’s face while he tried to hold Jin-Pyo who was in frenzy, seething with anger for revenge. Bubbles emerged from his mouth as he screamed silent curses in the water, expression with feelings of despair. There was no one he could trust anymore. Not anymore.

The sniper took one last scan across the pile of dead people floating in the blood soaked sea and returned back into the cockpit of the submarine. But there was one man he didn’t notice, and that man was Jin-Pyo. A man that lost everything he had. A man who was filled with pure hatred,. He wanted to seek revenge. He was like an empty vessel, everything that was precious to him was taken away. There is but one thing that was left for him. The last few words of his best friend, who died protecting him and sacrificed his life.

“Please look after my son.”