Tell Me Your Story

I don't know where I am but I know I've been here before. There's a line of strangers heading to a brightly lot room.

It seems to take forever for the line to move. One at a time everyone enters until I find myself alone.

I'm the last one. I enter the room feeling like it's time. In the room the light is almost none exhistant.

A familiar voice calls out "Tell me your story." I feel as if I heard this voice before, as if I've done this many times and again.

"Why?" I ask feeling a deep sense of deja vu.

"Tell me your story that I might hear your truth, tell me your story that I might hear your lies, tell me your story that you might hear mine."

Feeling like I already know the answer I ask "what is a story?"

"Your story is your soul. You can either truthfully give me your story or you lie that I might take it."

"What about your story then, won't you tell me your story?"

" so it is you.hmmm. yes I'll tell you my story."

"My story is like yours, our souls two of a kind, and one day you'll say the same, but now my time has come."

" Your story is boring and full of lies, yet also holds some truth so does that mean your story is now mine?"

It spoke no more words. No more truth, no more lies.

It walked into the light showing it's pale face with hunger in it's eyes. It had claws on it's feet and sharp fingers on it's hands. Stone wings spread out from it's back and a third eye lay upon it's brow.

It said one thing before disappearing and leaving me alone in the darkness.

"I spoke of truth and I spoke of lies, to give you my soul as you take it, one day you'll do the same but for now you have to only wait. Hear their stories or take their souls until the next comes to take your place."

It vanished yet it didn't for I found myself the one with claws and stone wings, with sharp fingers and a third eye and I waited in the darkness for anything.

That is until you showed up, so won't you tell me your story that I might hear your truth, tell me your story that I might hear your lies, tell me your story that you might hear mine?