1 - Dress to impress

Zane's reflection gazed wearily back at him with sore eyes from the full length mirror. For far too long he'd stood there and scrutinised every part of himself, trying to make it look as neat as he could. His hair had been neatly combed, even though a few strands now fell about his forehead. His face had been washed and shaved, his gi freshly pressed. Pinned ever so gently across his heart, was a small white rose that glinted in the low light. Its silvery petals had yet to open fully, and if he focused, he could see it jump as his mechanical heart beat underneath it. Zane sighed to no one in particular. Time reminded him that he couldn't delay any longer.

"Sensei, May I please be excused from training today? It is the 9th" Zane asked politely, as he gathered a few items. "Is it the 9th already? Of course Zane, do give her my best." Sensei Wu smiled somewhat, granting Zane leave for the evening. Zane nodded once in response, gathering his items from the side and making his way onto the main deck.

The sun was just beginning to set, the clouds barely peach. Warm light melted onto Zane as he stepped out into the deck, and he allowed himself a moment to savour the still January afternoon. It was barely 3pm, but he knew that it would soon be dark. The crisp air was parted only by an icy breeze, one that lifted Zane's worries and reminded him of his mission. However, little did he know, three pairs of eyes were watching him from the tier above.

"Hey Zane!" Kai called out, making the figure below freeze and spin around, clearly surprised at being caught. "Where're you going?" "Merely to see an old friend" the nindroid replied curtly, not wanting to stay any longer than necessary. Time was of the essence. "Ooooh who is it?" Jay chirped, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "It does not concern you, Jay"

All three of them were taken aback. Zane never said anything brisk. Before they could even exchange glances with one another, he had disappeared, leaving the three ninja above dazed by the recent events.