VN #117

(A few days had passed and you were undergoing a few medical examinations under a psychiatrist. From the examinations, you were been told that you fainted while crying in your room. The psychiatrist asked if you've been experiencing any break ups from your boyfriend that caused you such a mental breakdown. You didn't know what to say.)

Psychiatrist: Is there anything you wish to express things out? I'm here to listen.

[y/n]: .... I...

(You were thinking back on how you were in your room and not in the server.)

[y/n]: How... am I in my room....? I remembered I was somewhere else.....

Psychiatrist: According to your parents, you were indeed inside your room. In fact, you were in there for several days without coming out.

[y/n]: .....

(You were confused.)

Psychiatrist: You were holding your phone while you fainted. Seeing that you're still studying, did anything happen in your school?

[y/n]: !

(You began to realize something.)

Psychatrist: Hmm? Did something catch your attention?

[y/n]: ... My... phone... Where's my phone....?!

Psychiatrist: It should be with your parents.

[y/n]: Can I get my phone back? I need it....

Psychiatrist: ... I'll ask your parents to give it back to you. But promise me if you wish to tell me anything, I'm always here. Don't hold everything back to yourself.

[y/n]: Yes... Thank you.

(After the examination ended, you waited for a while back in your room and your mother came to you with your phone.)

[y/n]'s Mother: [y/n]. The psychiatrist told me to give your phone back. Are you really okay?

[y/n]: Yeah... I'm fine, mom. Thanks.

(You received the phone and pressed onto the home button screen. The screen didn't lit on.)

[y/n]'s Mother: Oh. The battery was out. Me and your dad were busy taking care of you that we've forgotten about charging your phone.

[y/n]: It's okay... I'm... sorry for worrying both of you...

[y/n]'s Mother: (Got close to you and patted your head.) You better be. I'll go and rinse some apples for you to eat.

[y/n]: (Smiled.) I'm sorry.

(You plugged into a phone charger and reopen your phone, the screen was back on. You waited for several minutes for the lock screen to appear. At that moment, you were surprised that your lock screen was a drawing of Jumin.)

(You unknowingly unlocking the lock screen with a password you knew by fingertips and the home screen appeared. It was another picture of Jumin in a different pose. You ignored that picture and clicked onto the call log.)

(You scrolled through the call logs and to your surprise, there were no call histories of Jumin and the RFA members. Something hit your mind really hard as you regained your memories.)

[y/n]: No... it can't be...... All the memories I had with Jumin and the rest were... just a dream....? No...

(You slowly recalled that you were just playing a game called Mystic Messenger and Seven knew about it. You tried to complete the entire route but you lost your conscious while playing it. Reality hit back to you that all this time, you were just having a dream after you fainted from playing the game.)

[Y/n]: Why.... why does it have to be like this....!?!?!?

(You wanted to throw your phone but you held it so tightly. The charger cable was detached from your phone's charging port. You curled yourself into a ball and you let out a huge cry. You kept on shouting Jumin's name and your mother hurried after hearing your loud cry.)

[y/n]'s Mother: Dear, what's wrong???

[y/n]: Everything's not real.....!!! Why isn't he real... ?!!?!? WHY!?!?!

(You cried in your mother's embrace and she patted your back to calm you down.)

[y/n]'s Mother: There there.... Let it all out.... Mommy's here....

[y/n]: Why......??? Why do I have to dream about this.....????

- to be continued -