049

"Gukkie?"

Jeonguk breathed out before he turned to look at Taehyung.

"Yeah?"

Taehyung gave him a hesitant smile. "You okay?"

"Yeah definitely," Jeonguk's eyes wandered looking for a place for them to sit. "Let's sit over there?" He pointed at a bench in the near distance.

"Sure..."

Jeonguk could feel his hands start to sweat as his nerves kept rising. He quickly remembered that his hand was intwined with Taehyung's and withdrew it for the sake of not bothering Taehyung with his clammy hands.

Taehyung frowned but kept quiet at the notion.

Jeonguk sat down on the park bench and took a breath as Taehyung followed his action and sat right next to him.

Jeonguk's eyes drew downwards as their feet for a good while before gathering the courage to look Taehyung in the eyes.

"So...I have a surprise for you," He paused and smiled when he saw Taehyung's eyes lit up at the word 'surprise', "it's nothing fancy...or special but I need to confess something."

Taehyung nodded, giving Jeonguk his full attention.

Jeonguk grimaced. "We both know I'm not the best at...words and uh- so instead...I'll be singing."

A soft 'oh' left Taehyung's lips as he simply blinked in response.

Jeonguk grabbed Taehyung's hands in his, closed his eyes and begun humming the tune.

~"Wise men say
Only fools rush in.."~

Jeonguk opened his eyes, locking it with Taehyung's as he sang the next lyrics.

~"But I can't help falling in love with you."~

~"Shall I stay?"~
~"Would it be a sin"~
~"If I can't help falling in love with you?"~

~"Like a river flows"~
~"Surely to the sea."~

Jeonguk smiled as he uttered his next words.

~"Darling, so it goes."~
~"Some things are meant to be."~
~"Take my hand,"~
~"Take my whole life, too."~

Jeonguk saw as Taehyung's eyes begun to water and internally panicked but kept on going.

~"For I can't help falling in love with you."~

~"Like a river flows."~
~"Surely to the sea."~
~"Darling, so it goes."~
~"Some things are meant to be."
"Take my hand,"~
~"Take my whole life, too."~

~"For I can't help falling in love with you..."~

~"For I can't help falling in love with you..."~ Jeonguk softly finished off.

Jeonguk heard Taehyung softly sniff. He forced himself to stay calm for the sake of not ruining whatever chance he had.

He squeezed Taehyung's hands and as Taehyung looked up at him, Jeonguk swore he held his breath for a good minute.

"Jeonguk...I-II don't know what to say..."

Jeonguk shook his head softly. "You don't have to say anything...this was my gift to you. I...I know it's all of the sudden and maybe you don't feel the same but...I just had to get that out and that I've been acting weird ever since we kissed...but yeah...I'm sorry if that wasn't what you expected and I'm understand if it was a bit of a let down--" Jeonguk couldn't finish his sentence because next thing he knew, Taehyung's lips were upon his.

Jeonguk was too shocked to do anything and before he could recuperate the kiss, Taehyung leaned away.

"I'm sor--" Jeonguk was the one who now cut Taehyung off.

Jeonguk raised a hand to Taehyung's face and stroked his cheek. The feeling of the smooth flesh beneath his hand made the feeling of butterflies in his stomach more prominent.

Jeonguk gave on last nip at Taehyung's bottom lip before leaning back.

Taehyung's eyes, that had closed on instinct, fluttered open and he inhaled a short breath. "Wow..."

Jeonguk smiled.

Taehyung bumped their foreheads together.

"Stop taking my breath away."

Jeonguk huffed out a laugh. "You're one to talk, always blowing me away with your beauty."

Jeonguk grinned as Taehyung's cheeks bloomed red.

He grabbed Taehyung's face in his hands and gave him one last soft peck.

"I love you."

The smile and response Taehyung gave him made his heart sore and he was sure nothing could possibly ruin this night.

"I love you too."