Rory put her hand on mine to try to comfort me.  I put my other hand on top of hers.

"Logan..." she said, wincing.  She started me out of my angered daze, and I lightened my grip.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Ace.  This is just really bothering me.  I don't understand.  I thought we were beyond all of this."

"I don't either.  I think maybe we should just go upstairs and order some room service.  We can find some really bad movies to watch and mock relentlessly.  Ok?" Rory suggested.  The idea of getting out of here and finding sanctuary sounded like music to my ears, but I didn't want to wreck our evening.

"I don't want to ruin this evening.  This is our honeymoon.  It should be filled with fun and romantic dinners at overpriced restaurants," I said apologetically.

"It's ok.  You know I don't mind room service, take out, or any other crappy little place we find!  As long as I'm with you, nothing is ruined," she replied.

"You're right.  Let's go upstairs, get comfortable, and order some room service.  I'll also shoot my dad a message," I said, signaling the waitress.  I helped Rory out of her seat and wrapped my arm around her waist.  We left the restaurant and went up to our suite.

Rory immediately kicked off her shoes once we were inside the hotel room.  She went ahead into the bedroom to change while I called my father.

"Dad, I really hate to bother you, but why is Mom in Paris having clandestine dinners with Odette?" I began.

"Is that any way to greet your father?  Son, I don't know what your mother is up to or why she'd be with your ex-fiancé," Dad replied.

"You, of all people, should know what Mom's up to, although, it seems to be a common theme.  Honor didn't know either.  Why would she be sneaking around behind everyone's backs?  I thought she was behind me and Rory...."

"It does seem suspicious since you and Odette parted ways some time ago, but I don't know what I can do to help," he replied.

"Well, it seems suspicious to me, too.  We need to get to the bottom of this, even if it's only for my and Rory's piece of mind.  The whole Odette ordeal needs to be left in the past, where it belongs," I suggested.

"I agree.  Sometimes your mother just doesn't think about the consequences of her actions.  Let me see what I can find and get back to you," he replied.

"I need to get back to Rory, Dad.  We are on our honeymoon and I don't want it to be marred by this one incident.  Let me know what you find out.  Thanks again, for helping out and supporting us.  It really means a lot.  I appreciate it.....we appreciate it!"

"I completely understand, and I don't want to ruin your honeymoon either.  I'll be in touch soon," he said.

"We'll see you when we get back stateside."

I hung up the phone, pleased that, for once, my father was actually on my side.  He was willing to help us out and that meant a great deal to me.  I heard Rory call from the bedroom.

"Logan?" she called.  "Could you help me with my dress?"

I walked intot he bedroom to see Rory doing some sort of crazy dance in an attempt to get her dress unzipped.  She hopped and twisted around trying to reach the zipper.  I couldn't contain the laughter and busted out laughing.  I tried to calm down, but I couldn't help it.

"Something funny, Huntzberger?"

"Nope.  Nothing at all," I said, attempting to stifle more laughter.  It felt good to laugh.  The romantic evening had taken a dramatic turn, and had become a little stressful.

"I'm glad this is all so amusing to you," she said.

I couldn't resist my beautiful wife.  I went behind her and put my hands on her hips.  I turned her around, and pulled her close.  I looked into her eyes, and reached my hands up to unzip her dress.  I pulled her closer and kissed her.  I backed up, holding her hands and watched as her dress gently fell to the floor.  When it hit, I pulled her hand back to me.  She stepped out of her dress as I continued to back up to the corner of the bed.  I sat and kept pulling her toward me.  She was standing between my legs.  I lightly kissed her stomach, and she ran her fingers through my hair.  I looked up at her, and we moved to the middle of the bed.  We tangled ourselves, kissing and touching each other.  I could feel the lust and desire burning and building.  I wanted to ravish every inch of her body.  It felt like we were exploring each other for the first time.

I didn't know what time it was when I felt Rory start to stir.  I realized she was heading to the next room, and not very stealthily.  I waited a moment and followed.  I just wanted to sleep the rest of the night wrapped up with my bride.

"I'm sorry, Logan.  I was trying to be quiet."

"What time is it?" I said and looked around for a clock.  "Just come back to bed, Ace."  We must have fallen asleep afterwards.

"I would, but the baby is starving, and so am I.  We were going to order room service, but someone distracted me," she replied with a wink and smile.

"I have no idea what you are talking about," I retorted with a devilish grin, recalling what we'd done once we got back to the room.  "Now that you mention it, I'm a bit hungry myself.  Let's order some food!"

Apparently in distracting Rory from food, which is a feat unto itself, I managed to forget all about ordering room service as well.  While we were waiting, I sent off a couple messages to the guys.  I knew they were all in town, and I wanted to set up something special for after our belated dinner.

Once the food arrived, it seemed the locusts had descended upon it, quickly devouring what we'd ordered.  I think I may have out-eaten Rory.  I guess I was hungrier than I thought.

"Look who's eating for two now?" she teased.

"I guess we should have eaten earlier, huh?" I smiled.  "You know, I've been thinking....would it be ok if we went back home tomorrow instead of Monday?  I just don't think I could risk another potential run-in.  Honestly, it didn't even cross my mind when I suggested we come here.  It would be awkward for all of us."

"I agree, it would be very awkward," she replied.

"Since we're awake......I had an idea.....if you're game...."

"What's that?" she asked curiously.

"I know it sounds a little crazy, but let's go for a walk by the Eiffel Tower.  I know it's a little on the cool side, but it sounds incredibly romantic and refreshing right now.  What do you think?"

"You know, I was thinking about that earlier today.  I'd love to go for a refreshing and romantic stroll by the Eiffel Tower as cliché as it may sound!" she agreed with a big smile.

And with one test, the plan was set in motion!  Rory had gone to change, and I followed her lead.  We put on the comfortable clothes we had on earlier in the day.  We grabbed our coats, scarves, and hats before heading out.  My phone buzzed just before we left.

Colin: Everything is ready to go.  We'll see you shortly.

"Something I should know about?" she questioned.

"Don't you worry that pretty little head of yours, Ace," I said with the knowledge that she'd love this surprise.  I tried to keep an air of mystery because I didn't want to give away too much.

We walked toward the Eiffel Tower, which was lit up and sparkling.  It was more aesthetically appealing like this rather than the rusty iron structure we saw in the day.  Rory linked her arm through mine, and I felt like a walking cliché, but I loved it.  I couldn't wait for the surprise that awaited her once we arrived at the landmark.  I checked my phone and noticed her trying to get a peek.  Her curiosity was piqued, and it added to my happiness.  I was nearly giddy with excitement.

"What are you trying to see?  You'll spoil the surprise!" I said as I kissed her on the cheek.

As we got closer, I started looking around for the guys.  I spotted Colin and gave him a slight head nod.  He turned to signal Rory's favorite brigadier.

"Rory, Love!"