Finding Out the Truth

Start from the beginning

They both nodded, "That's why she didn't want to wait at the Quidditch World Cup, she didn't want him to find her." George muttered.

I nodded, "don't judge her for things she has no control of. Its why she didn't want to tell you—she was so scared she'd lose both of you. She was so terrified that you'd walk away, all she wanted was to hold onto you as much as possible. She was petrified of being alone, Riley changed her last name so she'd be able to fit in. That last name is somewhat infamous."

Fred stood up crying, "she should've trusted us!"

"What would you do if you found out that she was the daughter of a death eater?"

"She trusted me enough to tell me and I'm still here," George muttered.

Fred turned his head in surprise and looked at his brother, "she told you but not me?"

George shrugged, "you broke her heart Freddie."

I shook my head as I watched Fred's knuckles turn white and his expression turned into a harsh scowl, "people have left her for this very reason guys. Riley has trusted a handful of people and it never worked out well. Once I found her sobbing hysterically in a broom cupboard during her first year," I took a sip of my drink before continuing, "there were these four girls she trusted...I can't remember their names but...god did they torture her. She would come running to me about them constantly, one of them told her that she should die and drown in the black lake for the kind of monster she was." I glanced at the twins and saw that both had tears falling down their cheeks as I took a deep breath. "For months the four girls put snakes in her bed and school bag telling her that she should go to the Slytherins."

Fred slammed the table, "I'm different! She should've trusted me! Hell, I love her and she still didn't trust me!"

George nodded and turned to Fred, "you're right. She should've Fred. But can you blame her?"

I sighed, "It's a big secret to take on, you can't sit there and tell me that you could possibly stay Fred."

"I don't care how ruddy big this secret was to her, I love Riley, god damn it! She should've trusted me!"

I gave a small nod, "you're right. She should've, but she was scared and now she needs you, Fred. So what're you going to do? Are you going to continue pouting that she didn't tell you immediately or help her when she needs someone the most? She was petrified to lose you, she didn't necessarily have a good track record of keeping relationships going when she told people. So you can either stop pouting and help her when she needs someone the most or stay out of her life."

Mr. Weasley appeared at the door and he sighed, "Oliver come here."

I jumped up and followed him to the living room where a small bed had been moved. Riley was silently sleeping in an oversized shirt, I noticed Mrs. Weasley bunching up bloody sheets and I cringed.

I walked over to Riley and grabbed her hand—it was ice cold and unresponsive.

"she'll be alright dear," Mrs. Weasley whispered.

I glanced up and smiled at her, "what happened exactly?"

She sighed and smiled at me sweetly, "poor thing got hit pretty badly with a horrible jinx, I was able to heal her wounds and everything but the poor thing still has some injuries. Snape will take care of the rest, but she's in an alright state for the time being."

I nodded slowly and smiled, "I can't believe this. Why did it happen exactly?"

"I'm not sure, but Arthur said her parents are dead."

"they can't be," I whispered.

"Arthur said that they walked into her house and into the living room where he found Riley's parents with the dark mark, hovering above their bodies."

I froze and backed away from Riley's bed, "you don't think they'll come after her do you?"

She looked scared to answer as she hurried to finish cleaning up, "I personally don't believe so but I expect that's a possibility in the future."

I frowned, "thank you for taking care of her."

She patted my shoulder and nodded before leaving the room, I returned my attention to Riley. "Hey there kid, can you hear me?" There was no response, "listen the boys know everything. I want you to know that I love you, kid....I'll make sure you're very well taken care of Riley."

I kissed the top of her head before leaving the room, Fred stood beside the wall as I exited, "she's going to need you Fred. Please take care of her."

Fred nodded and barged pass me into the room, I heard him sob as the door closed behind him. I saw George sitting on the stairs near the door and I nodded towards him, "she'll be alright won't she?"

George looked at me with a weak smile and nodded slowly, "I promise we'll take care of her."

I ran a hand through my hair, "I want letters every week got it?"

George gave a small laugh and nodded, "agreed."

I looked at my watch and frowned, I had to leave soon but I honestly didn't want to go, I just wanted o stay here. "Please make sure she's fine. I'm counting on you two, don't let me down." I headed to the door, looking back at George curiously, "did she really tell you?"

George nodded and shrugged, "she told me her real name and that her father was a death eater...it didn't even phase me really, I don't see her as anyone else but the eleven year old girl that would come to the Gryffindor practices and sit on a broom while we practiced. I don't care who her parents are because she's still the same girl I've known for the past five years."

I smiled, "I'm glad you see it that way. Please don't let me down George."

George nodded before I left Grimmauld place.

~*~*~

comment, vote, I love to know your thoughts!! ^_^