"I agree with Sirius which is why I would like to ask for a volunteer to escort Ms. Wood home," Albus was saying.

"They want me to go home?" I whispered, everyone was staring at me and they all dropped their ears—thinking it was only something for me to hear.

There was a slight pause, "I'll do it sir, the boys and I can take her," Mr. Weasley stated.

"Will it be safe...I mean...with her father being there and all," Mrs. Weasley whispered.

"Alexa will start worrying if Riley doesn't show up soon."

"They will be perfectly fine, Molly. If we send a message to Mrs. Daxton ahead of time, we may be able to avoid him," Albus stated.

"Then I suppose that would be fine," Mrs. Weasley stated.

"Then its settled," Albus said.

I was getting taken home and the twins were coming with me, this could not be a good idea. I put down the ear and looked around at all the eyes that were on me, I smiled and handed the device to Fred.

"Looks like I'm going home."

There were outbursts and then Sirius appeared at my side, "come on we're going to take you to get things to wear next term."

I shook my head, "I was told not to go home."

Sirius frowned, "by who?"

"A friend who very pointedly told me to stay away," I rubbed my neck slightly.

Sirius laughed, "listen. Arthur and the twins are going to take you to get your belongings, it won't take long, you'll be right back. If I know my sister, she's worried sick about you by now."

I nodded slowly—there was no getting out of this.

Sirius grabbed my hand and we walked to the kitchen and everyone followed us, Mr. Weasley smiled and brought us brooms to ride. We mounted our brooms in the park across the street and we headed to my home—oh how I didn't want to return.

***

We dismounted in front of a red brick townhouse that was identical to the surrounding ones, I turned and frowned as they started following me, "please stay here I'll be a few minuets." I rushed towards the door. I approached the door and noticed that it was slightly opened and all the lights were out---I frowned, something didn't feel right. I turned back to Mr. Weasley who stood some distance away, I motioned for them to come closer and I pointed to the door silently. Mr. Weasley stepped in front and turned to us.

"Now boys, I want you to stay here until you see my signal understand? Riley, follow me."

The twins nodded and I followed Mr. Weasley into my house, it was eerily dark and I shivered in the abnormal bleakness. I headed towards the stairs that led to my room when I noticed the living room had a green light emitting from it, I walked towards it and stepped inside the room—it was your typical living room with a book case beside a nice fireplace and two chairs that faced it and a piano in the corner. I looked around and saw the source of the green light on the other side of the couch, I moved closer towards it as Mr. Weasley placed his hand on my shoulder, I walked further and looked at what was under what I now realized was the dark mark. I saw the endless void in my mother's unblinking eyes and noticed that the couch was covered in blood and so was the near by wall. A blood curdling scream left my mouth as I felt my body shake uncontrollably and the room start to tilt.

*Fred's POV*

A scream emitted from inside the house, without thinking I rushed into the house and ran to the green light ahead of me, I stopped short as I saw Riley standing there trembling and my dad leaning over two very stiff bodies while the dark mark hovered above them eerily.

"Fred, take Riley to her room and pack everything, we're leaving in three minutes understand?"

I nodded as I grabbed Riley, she was like a rag doll as I pulled her upstairs and into her room. I sat her down on her bed and started to frantically pack everything I could reach that I thought necessary, soon George was helping me and together we packed all of her clothes into two bags.

I handed the bags to George as I picked up Riley and cradled her in my arms before I carried her downstairs, I looked at her and noticed that her hair was now blonde. When we got back to the hall dad was waiting with the brooms, Riley began struggling from my grip and fell onto her hands and knees. I panicked as she stumbled away from us and into the room with the green light. I watched Riley crawl on her knees toward the couch in the room and disappear from sight, I raced to the other side and looked down at Riley who had her head on her a woman's chest.

Riley sniffed, lifting her head and looking at me in the deadly light, "he killed my mum....h-h-h-h-e....killed..." she was sobbing as she held her mother's head on her lap. In the light I noticed her expression: it was a pained look, as if she had been screaming a moment ago, her shirt front was splattered in blood. The more I studied the scene the harder it was for me to not vomit, they had been severely tortured before death-their bodies were contorted in strange positions; the longer I stared the more I wanted to vomit.

"Riley, I need you to come with me now," I whispered soothingly, "don't worry we can bur-"

"Fred, we need to move right now," Dad's voice was urgent-more urgent than I've ever heard before.

"Dad, she-"

Dad hurried pass me, kneeling beside Riley and gently touching her shoulder, "Riley, we need to leave now. We're in grave danger, I don't believe your mother would want you in harms way," he said softly. Riley looked at him, seeming to register his words as she she got up on wobbly legs, almost falling over. "Maybe we'll discuss burying her or having a service when its safer, but we need to move," dad continued.

Riley took another step but fell, I caught her wordlessly, picking her up and hurrying from the room.

We hurried onto the patio, I tightened my grip on Riley as I mounted my broom and pushed off when a spell was cast at us, narrowly missing us and clashing into the front door. I didn't look back as we ascended but I felt heat radiate on my back and the dark night was suddenly filled with an orange light-like a fire. I managed a look behind me in time to see the house was now on fire.

Three figures were following us and a spell hit the tail of my broom, I tried to stop the descent and as George dove after us I grabbed his hand just in time, but unfortunately the bags I had packed fell down with the broom. I tried to pull Riley back up but she was hit by a curse and a blood curdling scream enveloped the sky, I felt her hand go limp just as I was able to pull her up onto the broom and I cradled her while holding onto George as we flew through the air. I could feel the blood seeping through her clothing as I held onto her tightly, the warm liquid was dampening my shirt and I looked down at her. Her face was covered in blood and her entire shirt was covered in blood as it pooled, I sobbed as I realized that we may not be able the make it in time.

We landed on the doorstep of Grimmuald Place, I kicked open the door and rushed into the kitchen carrying the now unconscious Riley. "Mum, help us."

Its been hours now and mum was still working on Riley, I sat on the steps waiting for something good to happen, soon Sirius was sitting next to me and we sat in silence until Oliver Wood barged through the door—I jumped up.

"What the bloody hell did you do to her?" He shouted at me.

~*~*~

sooooo what'd ya think? :3