Click, Water, Pain

The computer monitor before you sits still and lifeless. It's screen flickers blue and white, the pixels frantically trying to communicate that there's an issue with your device. You ignore them and continue to type anyway, the sharp clicks of the keyboard disturbing the silence with every tap of your finger.

Blue.
Ignore.
Click.
White.
Ignore.
Click.

Finally, black. This is what you have been waiting for, your fingers cease their actions and you start to function again. Your once useless eyes now useful again, albeit a wee bit blurry.

A realisation crashes over you in the form of an ocean wave. Your brain is you, and you are it. But you are now cold and soaking, left wondering if the realisation was worth it.

You feel nothing. You begin to wonder if that defines you as nothing. There's no realisation this time, no water pounding over your head, no shock. Again, you wonder if this non-realisation was worth it, or if you would rather have an instantaneous realisation than ponder a topic forever. This is a paradox I suppose.

The rain forest that surrounds you erupts into a cacophony of sound. Specifically, the sound of a glass box smashing. This is particularly jarring and you spin around in your wheelie chair to gaze at the dense jungle that completely surrounds you. The smashing sound stops and everything is still again.

You wait.
You stand.
Timidly, you step.

The forest violently encases you, flowing through every fibre of your soul, attacking your physical form, scratching, yearning for you to give in and decompose, to die. It's loud, oh, so loud. Deafening, actually. This isn't the smashing sound, however. It's the scream of natures pain. Of all the burned forests, the felled trees, the animals who have been slaughtered in their thousands. Years of unimaginable suffering are being unpacked into your ears, bursting your eardrums and making you weep.

But you resist. Fight. Clawing and biting to free yourself. It's only human nature, of course. The insatiable desire to defy nature and survive. But you're weakening, tiring of this fight. You miss the blue and white, the pixels, your familiar wheelie chair and the quiet of before.

But you can't defeat the natural order. No one can, no matter how hard they try.
Amidst the chaos another realisation hits, the soothing water beating the forest vines in the race to your lungs.
The realisation is this; you must give in to the natural order to live.

The water recedes and the vines fill your lungs, connecting with you gracefully, as if it were meant to be.

Nature has you now, in your entirety.

Green.
Acknowledge.
Loud.