Chapter 6

Lena and I are sitting in her pent house. Well.. I'm sitting. Lena is pacing and I'm just watching her. She hasn't said a word since she told me she was sorry. That was 2 hours ago. Maybe I should start?

"Lena..?" I say tentatively

She abruptly stops and looks at me. Her eyes a mix of confusion, incredulousness and... still that thing that I can't recognize. No anger though. That's good.

"You.. you're her. How did I not see it?! It's a pair of fucking glasses for Christ's sake!" She shakes her head and plops, somehow gracefully, beside me onto the couch.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you.. I wanted to, but..." I trail off when she lays her head on my shoulder. My heart rate spikes.

"You don't have to explain. I get it.. I'm a-" I cut her off

"Don't even finish that sentence." I tell her sternly. I pull away and look in her tear filled eyes. "Look," I start softly, "I'm not allowed to tell anyone. Since I was a kid, when I landed here, it was drilled into my brain to keep this part of me a secret. So to keep myself, and others safe, to keep you safe. I didn't tell you. You already have a target on your back. And now, because you know who I am, it's even bigger." I downcast my eyes as they start to tear up. "I never want to hurt you Lena. Ever."

All the sudden I'm in her arms and.. well I'm Supergirl, but I don't think I've ever felt so safe. I relax into the embrace with a shuddering breath.

"You don't have to apologize, Kara." The beautiful brunette whispers. "Now I really do understand. Thank you."

We pull away and laugh at our teary, puffy faces.

"We need to go to the DEO, you gotta sign some stuff before Alex storms in here." I smile and she nods

"Blindfold her." I hear in my ear

"Alex!" I yell out of nowhere and Lena jumps. "Stop turning on my comm link when there's not an emergency! I hate when you eavesdrop..." I grumble.

"Its so fun though." Alex laughs. "Maggie is on her way to pick you two up."

"Okay. But honestly, the blindfold isn't necessary." Lena just looks confused now. "I trust her Alex." I smile softly towards the woman.

"You and your damn trust..." Alex grumbles on my ear. "Fine. I'll see you soon" I hear the comm click out.

"Maggie will be here soon to pick us up. Good news. You don't have to be blindfolded!" I say enthusiastically.

"Yay?" She laughs. "Thank you. For saying that."

I smile softly and open my mouth to say something when I hear footsteps.

"Maggie's here." We stand up and open the door as her hand is raised to knock.

"Well hey Little Danvers, Little Luthor. Ready to go?" Maggie gives her signature dimpled smile.

"Yup" I say popping the P. And out the door we went.

"I can't wait to show you around the DEO!" I say once Lena is signing her last form.

"You have training first Supergirl" J'onn appears out of nowhere. I jump a little about to complain when he gives me that look and I deflate and nod.

"Fine. But Lena can come watch!" I say defiantly jutting my chin out.

"Ka-" he starts

"Pleeaaassee" I give him my best pout

"Alright." He caves. He pretends to be mad, but I can see the small smile threatening to come out.

I grin brightly and jump a little. I take Lena's hand and pull her towards the training area. Alex is already there waiting for me.

I've explained the jist of how the training room works to Lena and sit her down beside Maggie.

"You're in for one hell of a show Little Luthor." I hear Maggie tell Lena. And so what if I just so happened to wear my most revealing work out clothes.

Alex turns on the Kryptonite and I immediately feel weaker. She gives me a moment to adjust before she pounces. I dodge hit after hit until I see my opening and jab her in the side making her other side open up. Punch after punch after kick after throw are thrown for 2 hours. Alex and I are drenched in sweat. You can vaguely see both of our abs through our damp tank tops.

We glance at the women sitting on the sidelines. Both in awe. We look back at each other and smirk before lifting our shirts to wipe off the sweat on our faces. Revealing our toned, wet, abdominals. I hear two sharp intakes of breath.

"That's a dirty trick, Danvers." Maggie's voice trembles.  Alex sends over a wink and goes to turn the Kryptonite off. I immediately feel my bruises healing. Alex and I turn to leave to get changed in the locker rooms. But not before turning back and sending twin smirks to the women gaping at us.

Alex and I are freshly showered and are about to leave when I stop her.

"Alex.." I say timidly

"Yeah." She says rolling her shoulder. She, unfortunalty doesn't heal as quickly as I do. Hence why we only train once a week now.

"I think I like Lena.." I almost whisper.

"You think?" Alex raises an eyebrow and I just pout. She takes pity and we sit down on a bench. "Look kid, anyone could see from a mile away that you two have feelings for each other. I'm glad you finally figured it out, cause she's been fawning for you for awhile now."

"Wait what? No she hasn't.." now I'm confused.

"We all see the way she looks at you Kar. She looks at you like you're her world." Alex smiles

"But I..."

"Take the next few days, make that 'I think' turn into an 'I know' and then figure out how you're gonna tell her. Now come on. My hot girlfriend is waiting for me. And so is your future girlfriend." Alex walks out the door

"Alex!" I run after her with a blush.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"That was amazing." Lena says after Maggie drops us back at Lena's place before speeding off to Alex's. Gross.

"You should've seen me when I started. Alex could knock me on my ass in 2 seconds flat." I laugh

"That I would love to see."

We walk out to her balcony and I change into my super suit in the blink of an eye.

"Thank you.." I say quietly.

"For what" Lena looks confused now 

"For not hating me." I look into her eyes.

"I could never hate you.." Lena hugs me tight. Impressing even me with the strength of that hug.

As we pull away, I lay a soft, featherlight kiss on her cheek. Smile, and fly off.

Leaving Lena, fingers touching her cheek, watching me until I'm but a dot in the sky.

A/N ~ it has begun.. as always, lemme know what you think!