Chapter One

The sound of feet pounding against tiled floor echoed through the empty hallways of Garrison University. He can hear his blood rush in his ears as he sprints, fists and feet pumping as he propels his body forward. Beads of sweat starts to form on his forehead and he starts to run out of breath but no, he can't stop, not when he's almost there. Finally, he makes a turn to his right and makes an abrupt stop infront of a door. With a hand on the door knob, he takes a deep breath then twists it open.

"Keith," he freezes at the sound of his name. "You're late, AGAIN."

"Uh, I'm sorry Mr. Iverson. I had a ,uh, a bit "bike" problem on my way here and—"

"I couldn't care less why you're late-you interrupted my class!" He paused, then, "Detention."

Keith felt his jaw drop.

"For one hour, after classes in my office. Don't be late this time."

"B-but Mr. Iverson, I have somewhere to be—"

"Then tell your nerdy friends you can't be there because you're stupid enough to get yourself into detention for an hour. Wait, that just earned you two hours."

Keith's mouth hangs in disbelief.

"Now take a sit , bike boy."

Finally coming back to his senses, he notice everyone else in the room has their eyes on him, and they're all LAUGHING at him. Heat went off his cheeks while he slowly walks towards an empty seat at the back of the class, bowing his head in humiliation as he avoids the judgemental eyes of the witnesses. When he sat down, one of his classmates threw a crumpled paper directly at his face. Keith scowled at them as they continue to chuckle to themselves. He flicks the crumpled paper away and he realises that the person sitting next to him is chuckling to himself aswell.

Keith's right eye twitched slightly as he glared at the blue-eyed brunette. Eventually, his chuckling died and he cleared his throat. The brunette glances at Keith and he reciprocates his glare with a sneer.

"What are you looking at" he leans a little closer with a smug look on his face. "Bike boy?"

Keith gave him an unimpressed look then turned. his attention to whatever Mr.Iverson was saying.

". . .got it approved by the principal. I deem this your most important project and requirement. Therefore if you are not able to participate, you automatically get an F and you will fail my class."

"What is our project exactly?" One of the students said.

"I'm glad you asked. Your project; camping trip."

All of the students groan.

"You can mope around if you want to but if you don't go there, prepare your farewell letters, drop out. This camping trip is actually a fund raising. project  for the home of the aged that your principal has proposed and believe me, I don't want a week long stuck with all of you but business is business."

"Business my ass." Keith heard the brunette say under his breath. "Ain't my fault that they can't take care of themselves anymore."

"Now, going back to our lesson. . ."

- - -  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - -

RRRrrrrRrrIIIIIiiiiNNNNNnnnnnGGGGgggg!!!

The school bell rang, announcing everyone that it's time for lunch. The once empty halls are now filled with hungry students who had just exit their classroom. Keith ducks his head and avoids eye contact with anyone as he tries not to bump into someone in particu—