Part 7

Once we were completely done, Utica led me to the tunnel where the chariots were awaiting. Several other Tributes were already there. Each in their own specific costume that represent their district. I didn't get that good of a look at them as we walked all the way down to the last chariots where Haymitch, Bane, and Harlem stood each wearing identical outfits. They both wore soft polyester and velvet suits that were jet black. Instead of having normal buttons to keep the suit closed there were perfect oval diamonds. They both looked almost cleaner and more elegant that before. Bane looked almost older. Haymitch was still ruggedly handsome and now the stubble on his jaw was cleanly shaven. The both looked at me in surprise, Banes jaw was dropped but Haymitch managed to contain his surprise better. His eyebrows just rose as he saw me and for some reason I hoped he thought I looked good.

" Goodness you look absolutely fabulous darling, your hair is amazing and your eyebrows are simply magnificent" Harlem exclaimed looking me up and down evaluating me thoroughly. " Utica you have truly outdone yourself" Harlem added with a bright smile that showed off her pearly whites.

We waited for Daisy who came out maybe ten minutes later. Then we got onto our Chariots. Daisy and Bane took the last Chariot and Haymitch and I took the one in front of them. It was a bit of a challenge trying to keep my footing on the top of the Chariot but I kept my hands on the railing to ensure I wouldn't fall. I took a deal breath or at least tried to since the tight dress made it difficult.

" Say Haymitch?" I asked softly trying to getting his attention. His intense hazel eyes immediately looked into my green ones. " You will catch me if I fall right?" I asked with a friendly smile attempting to break the ice. I mean I know Haymitch was an opposing tribute but maybe we could be an alliance.Haymitch smirked softly " No promises" he replied making me roll my eyes playfully as we stood side by side. I felt kind of short, even if I had four extra inches.

A moment later the chariots took off in a steady pace. When we entered the large coliseum it took all my willpower for my jaw not to drop. It was so magnificent, row upon rows of Capitol citizens stood in the stand. A mirage of colors blending into one another as they each craned for just a glimpse at us. Flowers and coins raining down upon us. I even released the safety of the railing with one hand to catch a glorious red rose and then threw it back. I glanced at Haymitch who was also in awe as I was.

The yells and screams of glee as the Capitol citizens drowned out any excess sound. My heart was accelerating quickly as I registered the masses of people all watching us. I caught a small glimpse of myself through one of the mirror like flags and saw that I looked beautifully lethal.

We curved slowly as we came around to the Capital president podium where Snow was. We waved at him before turning back to the long lane. Even more flowers and coins came pouring down. Just a handful of these coins could have kept my family going for weeks back in District 12. It made my unhappy that my family couldn't be here to see all of this. They most likely were watching on TV back in District 12. I wondered if Haymitch missed his family. Well, his father really since that was his only family.

Once the Chariot rides were done we were brought back to our stylists. Utica removed my makeup and helped me out of my dress. Thankfully it was a far quicker process to remove all of unnatural beauty than having to put it on. I don't understand where people get the time to put on all that heavy stuff.

We were then brought to our penthouse suite that was as expected, amazing. Marble floors, crystal chandeliers, expensive paintings, and polished furniture was all included. My room alone was almost bigger than my entire house. With soft fluffy purple carpet that I could have slept on and a bed that must have been made out of feathers. The bedspread was a lavender color with intricate grey designs.

However, the most important thing out of the, all were the showers. I had never taken a shower before but it was like being caught in a warm summer rain. These showers had five different nobs. Two of them controlled how hot or cold it was and the the third issued a dollop of golden shampoo. The fourth spewed out foamy soap that completely enveloped my body. The fifth one created a thick white stuff that I think was shaving cream. I messed around with each of them as I took a long shower.

After that I slipped into one of the hundred of offered sweaters that was a crimson color and very comfortable. I then went to dinner that was rather upbeat with our stylists,Harlem, and Bronx doing most of the talking as we dined on the luxurious food. Thick green pea soup, fluffy white rolls, juicy tender lamb, and freshly cut salads. It was all so rich that Bane looked a little green himself since he wasn't used to so richness. I didn't eat so rampantly as him so I only felt slight wheezy.

Bronx talked with us further with tips on how to get through the arenas. We had no idea what the arena would look like but the thing that he said was most important in the arena was water. Normally the Game Makers had one source of water and it was heavily protected by the Career packs typically.

It was almost a surreal day.

I had woken up in the poor land of District 12 eating oatmeal and wearing an old denim dress. And now I went to sleep in one of the most spacious magnificent places ever and ate expensive mouthwatering food.

What a day.