Part 4

I could barely even pay attention to who got chosen as the male tributes. One was named Bane Decree and the second was a handsome 18 year old boy named Haymitch Abernathy. I didn't know either of them very well. Bane was only 15 from what I knew. Haymitch was the son of a strict single father.

Two Peacekeepers showed me to a room where I sat down. It was the Farwell room where family and friends said goodbye. It was a bland little room with wold floors and white walls. I took a seat shakily into a maroon colored arm chair. The idea that I was even a tribute was still so surprising I had a hard time believing it. I inhaled am exhaled slowly trying to calm my racing heart.

Suddenly the door opened up " Ferris!" My father's booming voice exclaimed as my four family members rushed in. " Oh goodness" My mother said with tears streaming down her face as she hugged my tightly. I hugged back feeling the tears work up behind my eyes but didn't allow any to fall.

" F-Ferris you h-h-have to win" My young sister rain told me hugging me. I nodded " I will try Rain, I swear it" I said to her hugging her as she cried. I got on my knees looking at the two identical girls. " You two need to continue helping mom and dad at the pub ok? Rency will get you game ok?" I told them as they nodded and I wiped the tears of their face gently with my fingers.

I stood up to turn to my father who looked down, just as devastated as I was. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked straight into my emerald eyes. " Ferris, make sure to use your hunting skill, that gives you an edge. Make sure to stay away from the careers. A-and Ferris, you can win this" My father assured me. His voice breaking at the end as he embraced me. I couldn't even reply. The emotions running through me were nearly unbearable.

The doors suddenly opened up and the Peacekeepers came back in. " No!" I yelled as my parents and two struggling sisters were dragged out of the room. But it all went silent again as their faces disappeared behind the door. It might have been the last time I would ever see them. The doors reopened and I saw a flash of red before I was tackled into a rib crushing hug with Rency latched around. I hugged her back just as tightly.

" Ferris I'm so sorry" She told me, her voice was scratchy. Her tears made my blue dress damp. I swallowed " It's not your fault Rence" I said to her as she broke off the hug. " Ferris when you get in that arena you need to get your hands on some knives alright?" Rency instructed me.

I had almost forgotten. If I wanted to survive the games I would have to kill someone. " Rency I don't think I can kill another human being" I told her running a hand through my hair. " Ferris you kill animals all the time, it isn't that different. You need to survive for your family" Rency ordered me and I nodded. " Don't worry I will hunt double time for you family until you come back ok? I know you are going to win" Rency assured me.

" I will try Rency I will" I replied fighting off the tears working up behind my eyes. The wooden doors surged open and the Peacekeepers pried a yelling Rency away from me. A solitary tear went down my cheek but I wiped it just as quickly as it came. I sat down in the maroon ark chair, feeling incredibly lonely. It was still hard to grasp that I was really a Hunger Games tribute. That I probably wasn't going to see my family or friends again. That I was probably going to die.....