Rude Awakening

I took in a deep breath and opened my eyes. I went to bring out my claws but found that they were already out. Not only were my hands locked behind me but I had no control over how much wolf I was. I could feel my canines protruding uncomfortably in my very much human mouth. My claws were out and my ears were pointed but I was human. I tried looking around and I saw Archer on the ground in front of me. The same as me, tied and half-phased. What the hell was going on? I felt an awful bubbling in my stomach and my head started pounding.

"Well hello there. It looks like he's up boys." The same voice, the one I associated with a violent end, caused by me. He stood over me and crouched down reaching for my face. I went to bite his fingers off. But for some reason as soon as I had the thought it slipped away. I mean it was still in my mind but it didn't have the commanding power that it should have. A weak growl was all I could muster.

"Confused? I know it must be difficult for you to slowly lose rebellious thoughts. Also, I assume you don't feel very well do you?" I didn't want to answer him. If his condescending tone wasn't enough it was his smile, all twisted up. But he was right. I felt awful. My whole body was sweaty and shivery. The fact that I couldn't control my wolf was the most worrying thing and I was trying to focus all my energy on that. The handcuffs on my wrists couldn't hold a wolf. The stories about silver were nothing but lies that we took advantage of. I tried taking another deep breath to center my mind.

" I will not be ignored." He actually slapped me in the face. My anger was so visceral this time that I let out an awful, involuntary snarl. I wished he had been closer. Whatever was making me somewhat docile couldn't hold back all my anger. I had too much to spare.

" Who do you think you are ?" I hissed.

" I think I saw steam coming from his ears boys. Actually, little wolf you don't ask the questions around here. I do!"

He grabbed me by my shoulder and slammed me down onto the cold marble floor. I felt a couple kicks from sturdy boots connect with my chest. The pain lingered. As if my body wasn't trying to frantically heal me.

" Tell me your name little wolf. And I will tell you what we've done to you."

I stared into his eyes that kept darting around, sizing me up from different angles. He was a tall man, with dark hair and square features. Like he was made up of blocks. How could someone be so irritating and angering all at the same time? I wanted to slice him into shreds. I wanted to tear him apart and let my wolf completely take over. Red. I wanted to see red and not even realize that the life had left his awful eyes. He kept looking over to his "boys". Other hunters. Hunters always looked the same to me. Same stony faces and cold eyes. Pale and fragile while maintaining their strength and brandishing their weapons. I never wanted to admit that men had strength because I wanted to believe they didn't and that was why they were always trying to destroy ours. My ears burned from the slap and the violent display of power. I would not answer to this man.

" I will even introduce myself first, I am Constantine." ahh yes Constantine, who I was going to kill for daring to kidnap me. Who I was going to kill because he slapped me. Who I was going to enjoy killing.

"Little wolf if it's the first lesson that you learn, it's that I have no patience or tolerance for those who do not answer and choose to ignore me. Tell me your name."

He pulled on Archer's arm, his men helping him prop him up. He was still unconscious. That I was thankful for. It was only a little while ago that I was using my status to command him and now i'm here being disrespected. At least I hoped it was only a little while ago. Who knew how long I was out.

"Tell me your name and who leads your pack and I won't hurt this one here." Archer could stand a small amount of pain. Especially if he was unconscious. But then again I didn't feel like I was healing. I was feeling worse by the minute. I also felt unbelievably tired. But I would not let it show. I grit my teeth and took another breath. Archer started waking up and as soon as his eyes focused he looked at me worried.

"No! Don't!" I heard an awful bang and Archer was gone. Constantine had pulled out one of his pistols and shot him right in the head. He let Archer's boy fall unceremoniously onto the floor. We had healing powers but nothing could bring a wolf back from that.

"Nathaniel, I don't ask difficult questions. I only ask you questions you know the answer to. Yes I know your name. Yes I know about your father's pack. Yes I know about your mother's pack. I want to know where they are Nathaniel. I hope the next time I ask you a question you answer me quickly and completely." He spoke slowly and evenly like he was trying to keep himself under control. My stomach churned and my head swam as if that was the last straw. I immediately threw up, heaving and breathing heavily. They all laughed. I was too sick to growl. Too shocked to say anything really. Archer was dead and I would have to tell his brother is was my fault. Archer would not ask me about his brother. He would never talk to me again.

" Well, I suppose I could tell you what's happening to you. But you didn't answer any of my questions. I guess I'll be a little generous." He made a grand, sweeping gesture with his hands

" We've injected you with a drug that takes control of your transformation power and attempts to make you as docile as possible. It doesn't completely work on that front but we'll train you as well to help with that. It's why you feel sick. Your healing powers and your strong immune system recognize the threat and are fighting back. It might take a day or two for your body to give up. The bad side affect, it lowers your pain tolerance considerably. your healing powers are almost cut in half. But we all have to make sacrifices." My head was pounding and I felt like I may throw up again. A drug? When did they administer a drug to me? The sting when we were patrolling. How had they snuck up on us? How had I let them?

"Now I know that you're tired and you need some rest. I'll come fetch you for dinner. But for now sleep." One of his men stepped up from behind him holding a needle. I tried to squirm away but another held me still. Blackness slipped over me again while I imagined killing all of them at once.