Chapter 31

(Eva's POV)

As far as the packs knew, we were just having a celebration for my birthday.

But what they didn't know was that this was a trap for Jo.

He has been playing games since the day I met him.

But now I was done playing.

"Why would he kill Ryan though it makes no sense."

Adam and I were in my tent going over the files again.

We'd had been up all night going over the documents that I had on Jo.

But so far we weren't any closer to finding him than we were before.

"We need to get files on Ryan. I want to know what his father does and where he is at right now. His mother may have been attacked by rogues but what was the reason they attacked?" I asked looking at Adam who nodded his head.

"You think the father had something to do with it?" he asked.

"I'm not sure. But we need to look at this from the beginning. Call Ford and ask him for the files." Adam nodded his head and walked out.

Nate walked in and smiled.

"You ready for today?" he asked.

"Yes. Is everything set?"

"There's going to be a bonfire, food, and cake outside. No one is to be in the pack house until after we get him."

"I need you to do something for me."

"Anything." he said with a smile.

"You need to keep Athena out of this. She is not to be involved. She is pregnant and anything that sets her off can cause her to lose the baby."

Nate looked at me and sighed.

"I don't know Eva. Alex isn't going to like the fact that I benched his mate from helping us."

"Alex will understand. But you need to remember he knew what he signed up for. You're her Alpha command her because we both know she won't listen if you don't."

Nate didn't say anything as he looked at me before nodding his head.

"Okay. Sure." he said.

I felt Adam at the front of the tent but he hesitated before coming in.

"What is it Adam?" He walked in with a brief case and a suit case.

"What is that?" Nate asked.

I took both from Adams hands and dismissed him.

"This? This is whats going to help us."

I opened the brief case and in it was a syringe with a purple liquid in it.

"What is that?"

"Its a potion. If I inject him with this it'll make him a vegetable."

"What do you mean vegetable?" he asked.

"Once I inject this into his body it'll take about three seconds for the affects to kick in and once they do he will be completely immobilized. He won't be able to talk, move, eat, drink nothing on his own. But he will be aware."

"Why not just kill him?" Nate asked.

"Because death is an easy way out for him. When this fight is over either he dies or I do. But to him he knows he probably won't survive this so death is nothing to him. He doesn't get to get off so easily."