Chapter 9

(Ariana's POV)

                I took the stairs two steps at a time not bothering to wait for the guys because I knew they were right behind me.

          "Hey Ariana wait"

    But I didn't wait, I barged into Nate's office and logged onto his laptop.

    Nate kept most of his notes here so there has to be something that tells me where hes been or where he was planning on going.

     "You're going way over board here you can't just plan what you're going to do without even thinking it through!"

"Especially when you don't know all the facts"

I stopped typing and looked up from the computer and over towards Alex.

"Do you want to know what I do know, Alex?"

I slammed closed the computer and stared at him.

"I know that my mate who is YOUR brother and YOUR Alpha is missing. I also know, that he is hurt and probably scared. And do you want to know what else I know? I know that he needs us so yes, yes I can make a plan up without knowing ALL of the details because I know the most important ones which is that my mate needs me and yet here you are pestering me!"

Alex narrowed his eyes at me but didn't dare to say anything after that.

Danny looked between both of us and shook his head.

"Now is not the time to be arguing like little kids." He stated more annoyed than anything.

"Excuse you?" I couldn't keep the shock out of my tone.

"You may be Luna but I am Beta and I am the one who is in charge. You are letting your emotions get the best of you and that is not what a Luna does." I gaped at Danny because I knew somewhere deep down, he was right.

"You need to cool off. I will handle things from this point forward." My shock was now turned into rage.

" I am LUNA. Not YOU. What I say goes!"

"NO. Because this is not how a Luna acts. You don't get to throw a fucking tantrum because your missing someone. You don't get to be selfish anymore."

Anymore?

"He is your mate, and he may be my Alpha but he is my brother first and if you can't act like you belong in this office at the head of that chair acting like the leader you are meant to be in the absence of Nate, than get out. I don't need any distractions." He growled out pushing me out of the way.

A part of me wants to have him arrested and thrown into the cells for disrespecting his Luna but another part of me knows he's right.

I sigh and rub my face with both of my hands.

"I can't lose him Danny." My voice was barely above a whisper.

Danny sighed as his eyes softened when he heard me.

"I know, none of us can. But we can't fall apart now, not when he needs us."

A knock was heard at the door and we all turned as Athena came walking into the office holding a tray full of food.

"I thought you guys might be hungry so I brought you food since no one really got to eat this morning." She set the tray on the table in front of us.