12.

What have I done? What was wrong with me? Why did I think I was cut out for this? These questions swirled in my mind.

I let Demetri kiss me! And I kissed him! And in just 10 minutes Alessandro would be at my apartment. He wanted more information and so did I.

I guess it's implied in the title of being a Mafia Boss that you've probably killed people before. But I don't know I had mostly seen Alessandro as this wonderful, loving, caring family man who just made some mistakes.

But Alessandro probably has done some terrible things. I remember nights when Alessandro would come home and not speak. I would ask him about what happen. He would say, "if I told you, then I would lose you."

I thought it meant people would want me for information, but now  I think it means if I knew the things he did, I would leave him.

The door opened and Alessandro stepped through. He was in some casual clothes, not in some designer suit. Just a grey t-shirt and black Adidas joggers.

"Hey." He said quietly. He looked tired.

"Hi." I said.

"I uh ordered some Chinese food it should be here soon." He said.

He sat down on my couch and scrolled through Netflix.

"What happened at the club last night?" Alessandro asked. He was one to get straight to the point.

"I sat in on a meeting. Colombo, the Marino brothers, some guy named Rodriguez and there was some other guy." I said.

"They...they're plotting against you. And Demetri stole the plans." I said.

Alessandro chuckled.

"Do they want to put me in Prison or do they want me dead?" He asked.

"They agreed on Prison, but I think the Marino brothers would rather kill you themselves." I muttered.

It was silent for a moment. Then it dawned on me.

"I didn't tell you I was going to the club." I said.

"Okay." Alessandro shrugged.

"So how did you know I was there?" I hit him in the shoulder.

"I had someone there." He said in a matter-of-fact tone. He knew then. I stayed silent. I tried to think would I really have time to get to the door before he caught me? Maybe the kitchen was my best bet.

"I've been wondering how long will it be before you turn on me too?" He said, there was humor in his voice. I stood up and stepped away from him.

"I wouldn't do that, I love you." I said.

"And let's not forget you're the one beat me for something I didn't do. You're the one had me tortured." I could feel the anger in me.

"But here I am still with you." I said. Alessandro came toward me and I kept stepping away.

"Let's not forget you ran away you left me. Oh let me remind you about the little kiss you shared. With one person who do anything to see me dead!" Alessandro was shaking.

"You killed your uncle, his father!" I yelled.

"So that's why you kissed him. You pity him and you're betraying me." Alessandro growled out.

"No I did it to make him think I was over you. To keep Demetri in my pocket." I said trying to convince myself.

"Oh sure. I guess you'll screw next huh? Just to make sure he won't kill you if he gets me out of the way."

"You're-..." The sharp knock on the door thankfully interrupted us.

"Delivery." The man yelled. Alessandro opened the door and paid for the food. He didn't even deny that he killed his uncle, didn't try to justify it, or explain.

Alessandro walked past me and into he kitchen. He took out some noodles, fried chicken, rice, and fortune cookies.

"I got you chicken and rice." Alessandro said quietly.

"Yeah." I said in response.

We fell into an awkward silence.

"I didn't want to kill him. It was something that had to be done." Alessandro whispered.

"He and Colombo had an idea. It would bring in so much money." Alessandro walked around the kitchen island and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Sex Trafficking." Alessandro said. I gasp.

"I wanted to tell them no. That it was wrong. It's the mafia we're into drugs, clubs, strip clubs. But slavery was a new level." Alessamdro took a deep breath before continuing.

"I was powerless. My uncle was in charge and my father was under him. Who I was to tell them what to do? My uncle was good at putting up fronts. All Vitali men are. He was one way with the men and one way with his wife and daughters." He explained. Was he saying his uncle was sexist?

"No Sabrina he was abusive. But he hid it from Demetri. Demetri was his prized jewel. You can imagine how Demetri took it when I told him what his father was planning."

"What did you tell him?" I asked prompting him to continue.

"My aunt Clara had an affair around the time she got pregant with their two daughters. She wasn't sure if they were my uncle's childern io the other man's. He was going to sell them." Alesandro said.

"What?" Alessandro's uncle, Demetri's father was going to put his own childern (who are allegedly not his) into Sex Trafficking.

"Demetri didn't believe you." I said. Alessandro nodded.

"We were down at the ship yard and I tried to stop my uncle and I had to kill him. Demetri pulled his gun out on me and I shot him. He fell back into the river. I thought he had died."  Alessandro's eye watered.

He pulled me into him.

"He was my best friend, my brother and I shot him." I held onto him so tightly.
I felt bad that I had doubted him. But part of me still felt like I couldn't trust him, there was more.

"Does Aunt Clara and Demetri's sisters know he is alive?"

"No. I might have actually kill him after this. And I can't put them though that pain again."

Alessandro kissed my cheek, then my lips. But I could only think about Demetri's lips on mine and his question.

Do I still love Alessandro? Can I trust him? Earlier he thought I had turned on him, that I was betraying him.

Alessandro kissed me softly but pulled away when there was another knocked on the door.