~ 29 ~

Weddings - the happiest day of a person's life, but also a son of a bitch to plan, especially when your fiancé offers little to no input whatsoever.

Brian - a man with a good heart, the sweetest of souls, the sexiest of humans, and by far my most treasured possession. But damn, does that guy not have a clue when it comes to planning a wedding.

We had discussed about how we wanted it just to be a small gathering, with just our families and closest friends there, which I was completely happy with. Aside from that, Brian hadn't really contributed his opinion. I had already decided the venue, the flower arrangements, even the damn music. Whilst all the time receiving just a simple nod of the head from Brian, or a mere smile. Maybe he was nervous? I mean, he had been engaged before. I should talk to him.

"Hey, Bri." I smiled, as I walked into the bedroom. Brian was already getting ready for bed, brushing his teeth in the bathroom.

"Hey." His voice muffled by his toothbrush. I strolled to the doorway, just watching my love, studying his features in the mirror. He rinsed off his face, raising his gaze to the mirror, his eyes locking with mine through the reflection. "Everything okay?" He asked, patting the towel against his face.

"Yeah, no...I'm great, a-are you okay? With the wedding and everything?" I replied, walking up behind him, placing a hand to his shoulder. I felt his body transform from tense to relaxed. Brian slowly turned around to face me. He let out a sigh, before responding.

"Actually, I've been feeling kind of bad for not helping with it much, so I wanted to surprise you. I've booked the venue for November 6th..." A smile grew on Brian's face. I stepped back, a little shocked that he'd do that for me.

"M-My birthday? But, why? I mean, I love that you did that for me, Babe." I pulled Brian into a tight embrace, placing a soft kiss to his cheek as I pulled away.

"Well I knew you wanted it to be a special date, and there's nothing more special than your birthday, Sal." He shrugged his shoulders. A single tear fell from my eye, no one had ever treated me the way Brian had. He always put me first, how did I get so lucky to get to spend the rest of my life with this man?

The two of us walked back into the bedroom, stripping ourselves down to just our boxers. Brian pulled back the sheets, clambering under the covers. He looked so cosy, I just wanted to snuggle under there with him. His eyes followed me around the room, as I opened up the dresser, pulling out a set of pyjamas. I was about to get dressed, when I heard Brian whine from the bed.

"Babyyyyy." He cooed, patting the bed, gesturing for me to join him under the covers.

"What, Bri?" I chuckled, going to slip on my shorts, well, until I was interrupted by Brian again.

"Uh, uh uh." He mumbled, waggling his finger at me. "Why do you always wear pyjamas? Flaunt that sexy bod, boy." He winked. To be honest, I could have cringed if those words had come out of anyone else's mouth, but as it was Brian, I decided to laugh it off.

I slowly strutted around the room, pulling off all of those cliché stripper moves. Brian whacked his hand against the stereo on his dresser, the sudden sound of sensual dance music filling the room. He rested his hands behind his head, leaning back against the headboard of the bed. I witnessed his tongue run along his lips, as his stare burrowed into me. I made my way to his side of the bed, shaking what my mama gave me. Brian chuckled, as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me backwards onto the bed. He squeezed me tightly, planting kisses all over me.

"I love you so much, Bri." I whispered, as he made his way up towards my lips. He planted a kiss to my cheek, his tree bark brown eyes locking with mine.

"I love you too. Now, get this booty under the covers for snuggles." He smiled, patting my behind. I giggled, as his touch tickled me. He raised the covers up, allowing me to climb in. Brian curled his arm around me, as I pressed my back against his chest. I always knew that it was his favourite way to cuddle because he had the chance to kiss my neck at any given moment. Well that, plus the fact that my ass was able to rest against his groin.

We soon drifted off to sleep, dreaming about God only knows what. I remember when my dreams used to be about being with Brian, craving him so much, and now look at me, I'm engaged to him!

I was woken up, when I felt the mattress dip, and the arms around me pull away. I sat up, rubbing my eyes, not able to see anything, aside from the shadow of the window being casted against the wall. I reached for my phone, checking the time - it was 4:27am to be exact. I turned to my right, noticing that Brian was no longer in bed. I looked around, noticing that the adjacent bathroom door had been opened. It was then that I heard to repulsive sound of Brian throwing up. I pulled the covers, sprinting to the bathroom, and switching the light on.

"Brian? Are you okay?" I panicked, kneeling down beside him, rubbing the palm of my hand along his back. Brian nodded, his head practically hanging over the toilet. I scooped his hair back, making sure that it didn't get caught in the mess. "Is it all gone?" I asked. Brian sat back, wiping his mouth with the toilet paper.

"I-I think so, shit...I don't know what came over me." He sighed, beads of sweat were beginning to run down his forehead. A look of astonishment appeared on Brian's face, as he pointed towards me. "Hey, look at that, you're not grossed out. You're growing up, Babe." Even after having just thrown up, Brian knew how to tease me. I rolled my eyes, reaching for the handle, and flushing the toilet.

"You're my fiancé, I need to get used to this, especially with you, what with your drinking habits." I winked, elbowing him gently. That's right bitch, I've got jokes too.

I helped Brian back into bed, pulling the covers over him, and kissing his forehead.

"I'm right here if it happens again. Don't fret to wake me up. Goodnight, Bri." I whispered, as I watched his eyes slowly clam shut, as he fell into a deep sleep.

It wasn't like Brian to get a stomach bug, he was made of strong stuff. I know that it was probably nothing, but I couldn't help but worry that it could be something more severe. I promised myself that night, that if it were to happen again, that I'd take Brian to the hospital to have them check him over.

I hardly slept that night, my mind constantly racing over the endless possibilities. What? It's the role of the lover to obsessively worry over their loved one. I can't help it.