~ 36 ~

The evening meal was exquisite, just sitting next to Brian, hearing everyone's speeches, it was wonderful. This was by far the best day of my life, I didn't want it to end.

Brian and I were waiting behind a door, as the DJ announced our first dance. The crowd created a circle for us, as I helped Brian walk out, his hand clasped in mine. I squeezed his hand gently, as we entered the middle. I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling our bodies together. My hands rested against his lower back, as we began to sway our hips to the music. Brian curled his hands around my neck, leaning forward, and kissing me passionately.

We continued to dance, as the music continued to play. I was so proud of him. He was determined to dance without the use of his walking stick, and that handsome son of bitch damn well did it.

As the song came to a stop, the crowd applauded. I reached for the microphone, wanting to thank them for celebrating the love that Brian and I share.

"Thank you for all being here today. Brian and I really appreciate the love and support we have received. Today we were able to celebrate our love, and it's moments like these that I'll treasure forever." I spoke proudly, before handing Brian the microphone.

"I'd just like to say that Sal has been my rock, ever since I have found out about my cancer. I never expected him to still love me, but he did. Words can't describe the love I have for you, Sal. You've been there for me since day one, and that's all I could ask for in a man. I'll love you forever and always, Babe. To the moon and back, from the bottom of my heart. You've changed my life, and I couldn't ask for a better man to love until the day I die." Brian choked up, as his words danced into my ears. I turned to face him, my eyes streaming with tears. I pulled him into a tight hug, placing a kiss to his cheek. He really knew how to make me an emotional wreck, that's for sure.

The rest of the evening was spent getting drunk, and just celebrating the fuck out of being married. The music was loud, the guests were dancing, and Brian and I were sat at our table, hand-in-hand. He leant across and whispered into my ear.

"You don't have to sit here with me, just because I can't dance doesn't mean that you have to miss out." He conveyed. I shook my head, squeezing his hand lightly.

"Absolutely not, Brian. I'm not leaving your side." I replied, placing a kiss to his cheek. "Besides, I can give you a private dance later on." I winked, earning a chuckle from Brian.

The guests were beginning to seep out, the hall gradually becoming emptier, as the minutes went by. Joe and Murr strolled up to us to say their goodbyes. I hugged them both tightly, trying not to get too emotional...again.

"Thank you, without you two, this day would never have happened." I smiled. Joe took me by the hand, his blue eyes locking with mine.

"You don't need to thank us, we'll always be here to support you both. Congratulations Bri and Sal, now go and celebrate on your own." He winked, before leaving with Murr.

I turned to face Brian, a smirk already plastered upon his face. I held his hand, and walked him to our room, having him sit on the edge of the bed. I knelt down to untie his shoes, slipping them off from under his feet. I stood back up, my hands immediately pushing his jacket off from his shoulders. I pulled at his tie, loosening it's restraint from around his neck, chucking the fabric to the side. I leant forward kissing Brian deeply, as my hands fumbled with his shirt.