Chapter 41: Preliminaries Part 5

"Due to the opponent being knocked out... The winner is Nara Shikamaru."

That guy with the pineapple hair sure is smart. He planned everything to position the girl so that he could use his shadow possession jutsu to knock her out with the wall behind her. He did all that while looking extremely bored.

The proctor coughs again as the names start scrolling on the display screen. They then stop.

"The next match will be... Jun vs Kinuta Dosu. Please make your way down here."

I actually want Jun's ass to be beaten here... Then again, that Dosu guy is the one that attacked that Kabuto guy a while back. They're both just as bad as one another. I don't even feel like watching this. I look away and sigh.

"Begin."

I look back on the match and see Dosu jumping at Jun. It looks like the device on his arm is charging up. Jun then puts his hands on the ground and brings up a stone wall, which Dosu blows to bits after flicking the strange device. Using the rubble as a distraction, Jun lands a devastating uppercut to his opponent, sending him flying upwards. He then picks up the bigger pieces of rubble and throws them with full strength at Dosu's flying body which ultimately knocks him out on his way down to the ground. Yeah, Jun's been really known for his over the average strength. That guy's a mountain. He's got massive muscles.

"The winner of the match... is Jun."

That takes care of this match...

"Next round will be... Uzumaki Naruto vs Inuzuka Kiba."

Naruto! It's finally his turn! I can't wait to see what he's capable of.

"Yes! It's here! It's here! Finally! It's about time!"

He's so excited about it. He must've been impatiently waiting for this.

"Hahaha! Lucky! We can definitely beat him, Akamaru!"

Oh so Inuzuka Kiba is that guy with the dog. I wonder why he's saying that about Naruto. Is he known to not be too good at fighting? I'll root for Naruto anyways, though.

They both stand facing each other down in the arena.

"Hahaha! It's like we've already won! Right, Akamaru?"

"Shut the hell up! Hey Kiba, don't bring a puppy! It's in the way."

They're both so loud... And the dog is barking too. I'm already predicting this will be the loudest and possibly flashiest match.

"Idiot! Akamaru's fighting with me."

Naruto looks at the proctor while pointing at Kiba.

"Hey, hey! Is that alright?!"

"Yes. Animals and bugs are the same as ninja tools. There's no problem."

Fighting with a dog, huh. That's almost as unique as fighting with bugs. I wonder what kind of techniques Kiba will be using with his puppy.

"Heh. That's fine. You need the help."

I giggle at his statement.

"Hah, acting all tough. Then I'll do this... Akamaru, you stay out of it. I'll fight alone."

They're just both using childish ways to provoke each other at this point.

"Naruto! Don't lose to him!"

Sakura shouts. Oh! She's regained consciousness. I just noticed that.

"Please begin!"

The proctor makes way for them to start fighting. Immediately, Kiba makes a hand-sign and gets down on all fours. His nails get longer, almost fang-like. He then leaps with high speed at Naruto, sending him crashing into the wall.