Chapter 8: One Thing

>Niall's POV<

It has been months since Nate left Tokyo. It was killing me. I couldn't stop looking at the pictures of him and me, especially the ones of us kissing. I felt tears stray from my eyes as I flipped through the pictures. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up, seeing Zayn. He had dark bag under his eyes, probably sleep deprived. He then asked in a groggy voice, "Looking at the pictures of you and Nate?" I nodded. He sat down next to me and said, " I know it's killing you. It is killing me too."

            I covered my face and whimpered, "I c-can't believe I-I s-said that I-I was single d-during t-that interview." Zayn patted my back as I kept crying. I could not believe what I did. I felt like Nate saw the interview on TV and is heartbroken with a shattered heart that can never be fixed. Harry, Louis, and Liam arrived with girls under their arms, and 2 extra ones. I looked at Louis and asked, "Who are these girls?"

            Louis looked at Zayn and I and said, "Simon assigned us each a girlfriend according to our personality, style, and our preferences for looks." I looked at Zayn in shock and then looked at Louis and said, "What! Louis you know I can't do that!" Louis sighed and said, "I know Niall. But it is Simon's choice, and we have to listen if we are going to stay a band. Niall this one is yours."

I looked to see a brunette-haired girl with chocolate brown eyes. She had the similarities of Nate, which made me a bit angry why Simon picked this slut. The Zayn's new girlfriend appeared. She had dirty blonde hair with black highlights. She had crystal blue eyes, and a facial features like Lindsay. I looked at Zayn who is probably very pissed at Simon. My girl sat next to me and held her hand out and said, "Hey Niall. I am Natalie." I shook her hand and gave her a small smile.

Zayn's new girl said, "Hey Zayn. I'm Lindsay." Uh oh, Zayn is looking really pissed. Zayn, left her new girl, and walked out of the house. I got up and ran after Zayn. Zayn zoomed up, almost hitting me, but luckily he stopped. I walked up to his window and asked, "Zayn! What on earth are you doing!?!?" He looked at me and said, "I am going to America, and get Lindsay back." I sighed and said, "Well I'm coming with you. I'll be right back."

I quickly ran in the house, and grabbed my wallet and Zayn's. As I was about to get out the door, Natalie grabbed my arm and said, "What are you doing! You can't go now!" I sighed and pushed her away from me. I grabbed the door and Louis yelled, "Niall! Where on earth are you going!?!?" I looked back and said, "I am going to get my boyfriend back."

>Nate's POV<

            "Hey honey. You want some lunch? I made your favorite dish! It is Flank Steak with onions, bell peppers, and scallions mixed in with rice." I ignored her she put the dish down on my desk and said, "Come on Nate. You have to eat. Don't let this break up bring you down. He will come around." I got up from my bed and looked at my mom in the eyes, and then said, "Thanks mom." She smiled and kissed me on the forehead. She patted my shoulder and said, "Eat you food honey. Dad will be home to take you to military crew camp."

            I was nervous to go to military crew camp. I know it is going to be tough, but I will be built, and built with integrity and pride. I slowly ate my food, and then the doorbell rang. I heard loud thumps from the steps and there was Lindsay at the entrance to my door. She then came up to me and slapped me in the face. It was painful and then she grabbed my chin and said, "Military Crew Camp!" Are you serious! You will die out there!"

 I didn't respond. Then my dad came in the room and said, "Okay son. Lets go. Are you sure you can do this? Because we can-" "No I can do this." My dad smiled, and said, "Okay. Then lets go." I walked down the stairs and got into the car. My dad put the key in the ignition, and I looked out the back window, seeing Lindsay's worried face. After 30 minutes of driving, I soon arrived at the military camp.

I got out of the car, and two very muscular guys grabbed both my arms and escorted me into the building. They dropped me down ,and put me in a chair. I looked in the mirror and then a large, chunky man started shaving my hair off. I looked in the mirror and saw every strand of hair fall from my head. Soon most of my hair was cut off. I was then transferred to a room where I was given my uniform. I was then guided into a locker room, where other guys were changing. I honestly though a lot of them were really good looking. But I didn't want to reveal myself as gay.

I changed into my uniform, and then went to the commissary. The food wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Then a very tall man with a very weird hat stood at a podium in the front of the commissary. He got everyone's' attention. He gave a very inspiring speech. Soon the mealtime was over, and I was escorted to a room. The room had only 6 beds, and only 2 empty. I quickly changed into my sleeping clothes and hopped into the bed.  The bed was very uncomfortable.

I closed my eyes. All I thought about was Niall, and how he is dealing with his new girl. Then I heard a bit of yelling from the hallway. The door opened and there was a tall boy about 2 years older than me. He had blue eyes like Niall, and had short, and spiky blonde hair. He then sat down on the bed next to me. I got up and held out my hand and said, "Hi. I'm Nate. Nate Hawke" He looked at me, with his eyes sparkling. He then shook my hand, smiled, and said, "I'm Matt. Matt Rider."

>Zayn's POV<

            I knocked on the door of Lindsay's house. I looked at Niall and he looked at me. We heard the door unlock and we turned quickly, seeing Lindsay's mom. She looked at us and said, "Zayn, Niall. You are here. Why?" I then responded, "Is Lindsay here?" Lindsay's mom smiled and said, "No. She is at Nate's house right now." I nodded and Niall and I walked to the car. We arrived at Nate's house, seeing Lindsay lying down on the grass, crying. I stepped out of the car and in a confused manner I said, "Lindsay?" Her head popped up and she sprung up. She jumped at me, wrapping her legs around me.

            She planted kisses all over my face. Then she looked into my eyes and asked, "What are you both doing here?" I looked at Niall and then he looked at Lindsay saying, "We are both here to get you and Nate back." Lindsay's face changed quickly. I put Lindsay down and Niall asked sternly, "Lindsay. Where is Nate." She didn't respond. Niall repeated, "Lindsay! Where is Nate!" Lindsay wiped her eyes an then in a very sad voice she responded, "Military Crew Camp. He will be back here in a few weeks. Sorry Niall, you broke him."

            I looked at Niall who was flushed with tears and shaking. Soon Nate's parents came out and allowed Niall to stay at his house. Then Lindsay and I got in my car and drove to her house. Lindsay's mom allowed me to stay in their guest bedroom. At least I brought some clothes to wear while I stayed. I wonder how Niall is doing. I hope he will get back with Nate. Nate was the world to Naill. I looked out the window, seeing the dark sky, and in a flash, a shooting star flew by. "Zayn! Dinner time!" Lindsay said. "Okay! I'll be right down!" I responded.