Chapter 15: Framed with Rubies

Start from the beginning

The young father had entered the room in time to see all three boys sitting on the edge of the bed looming over what appeared to be some kind of book. Taehyung was the first to look up and smiled. "Hey appa, we found a book!"

"What are you guys doing in here?! Mrs. Kim is trying to sleep!" Jin whispered sternly as he entered the room. He grabbed the book and shooed the boys out the room. "Go take your brother into our room and prepare for bed. I'll be there in a minute to help you get ready for bed..." 

Once the boys were out of view, he peeked over at Namjoon's mother. She was still sound asleep and hadn't stirred a bit. Light snoring could be heard now that the room was quieter. He smiled, thinking to himself how much Namjoon was like his mother. He started forward but paused when he noticed the title of the book in his hands. "Hm...the wandering poet and the pink princess....pink princess..." He had seen those words somewhere else. Oh right. The poem he read that night. The one that made him cry.

Was that poem inspired by this story? He lifted the book higher to read the name of the author. "Written by Kim Namjoon?" He wrote this? Okay, now he was really curious. He never knew Namjoon wrote books. He slowly opened the front cover and kept turning until he made it to the first page of the first chapter. "Once upon a time there was a wandering poe-" Suddenly footsteps could be heard down the hall and he abruptly closed the book before hiding it behind him.

Mi-Rae showed her face and smiled. "Hey, Hoseok and the others are looking fo-what are you doing still in here?"

"Hm? Oh I had just fetched the boys. Making sure they hadn't touched anything..."

"Oh, well. Just letting you know that the others are looking for you. ."

Jin nodded and walked from out the room and past Mi-Rae. He exhaled once he had made it into his own room and revealed the book once more. Geez, why did he act so jumpy like that? It was just a book. Namjoon wouldn't have minded if he read it, right? 

--------------------------------------------

"I heard that if you pray at Bulguksa temple during a full moon, your prayers will be granted"

Hoseok sat in the living room next to Yoongi. The two were looking over a picture of said temple in a random magazine which may or may not have belonged to Namjoon's mother. While the cheerful male seemed greatly interested in the topic, Yoongi didn't look all that amused.

"That's just a myth though. An old wives tale..."

"But what if it isn't? Ah, I need to go there and pray for a raise at our job..."

"Haven't you ever thought of pursuing another kind of career? How about dancing. You are pretty good at it"

"Nah. At one point I might have thought about it. But after I hurt my knee in that car accident, Im just in no condition to dance the way that I'd like to. Being an underground dancer sounds like it would have been fun though..." 

Namjoon sat idly by, not uttering a single word. Even though Jin had told him to just forget  about what had transpired moments ago he just couldn't get it out of his mind. He was sure that at that time, he had heard his Eunah as clear as a bell. But...Jin wasn't Eunah. Mi-Rae was. Wasn't she? He gave a hefty sigh as he leaned over and grabbed at his head.

Jin had managed to get all three boys to sit in the bathtub and gave them a good scrub down as they happily played in the suds. After getting them dressed and tucked in, the young father made his way into the living room to find the trio still sitting and conversing amongst one another on the couch. 

"Mi-Rae said you guys wanted to talk"

Hoseok gave his lover a light pat on the thigh before rising to his feet.
"You know teachers day is coming up and usually we receive gifts in appreciation from our students."