Chapter Four | Home.

--- Sans ---

That call.. but.. There is only supposed to be Frisk.. No other humans.. I wish I had said something else... Her voice its.. immaculate. I check the caller ID of the phone. It's an odd number, to say the least. But.. should I call back? I don't even know her name... Ugh.. Why can't I do anything right? Any relation ship I get into either falls apart, or the girl dumps me. That woman on the other side of the door? She stopped talking after a while... Alphys? No... no, that was a mistake.. and I don't really want to have a relationship with the person who killed everyone and me. Multiple times. ...

Okay.. I'm... gonna do it. I press the 'call back' option on the phone. "The number you dialed is not yet connected. Please try again later." ... Well that was expected. She mentioned something about the batteries running out, so her phone probably ran out of juice a long time ago.

I don't bother to come out of my room anymore, the resets just keep happening, and happening, and they won't stop. Not until Frisk is satisfied, and that's probably never gonna happen. Well.. that girl hasn't been in any of the past timelines before so.. maybe.... just maybe this one will be different. ... I'm getting my hopes up too high, whenever I do that I always am disappointed at the results.

"SANS, YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SENTRY DUTY! GET UP AND EAT BREAKFAST!" Pap shouts from downstairs. Atleast I should try... I mean this timeline seems different so.. okay. I sit up from my home on the mattress, getting out of bed and out of my dark room. I walk down the stairs, greeting Pap 'good morning' and sat down on the olive green couch. I flip through the stations, nothing to watch but that pink toaster. I turn off the TV and look for something to eat in the fridge. There's a bag of Popato Chisps, so I take that. I sit back down on the couch and eat one. "I hate these chips.." I mutter. "THEN WHY ARE YOU EATING THEM?" Pap yells from the kitchen, probably making another batch of spaghetti. I keep eating the chisps, every once in a while complaining about their taste. Pap of course is annoyed and I chuckle.

Today is gonna be a long day.

--- You ---

Before we reach the hallway, the room turns black and white just like before, stats and what-not appearing. But there are four more buttons at the bottom of the box and our LV and HP. Fight, Act, Item, and Mercy. There's a moth-like monster, crying.

Remember what the frog monster said.. I don't wanna fight, so I'll act. "Please don't cry." I try to comfort the monster. But it ends up crying again anyway.

Butterflies fill the box, surrounding the souls. I still can't move mine. I try do the same thing I did with Flowey, but it doesn't hurt. A butterfly touches the soul. -2HP. "Ouch!" I rub my arm. Apparently, the part where the soul is touched or harmed feels the same for me. Oh.. wait.. maybe that's what Flowey meant by weird... But wait, that's not weird. Maybe it's something else, then. The soul flashes from transparent to normal for a few seconds.

It's our turn again, and I decide to let Frisk move. She chooses to Spare the monster. The box widens, saying "You won! 0 XP and 0 GOLD earned!"

Everything fades away into the room we were. Then we continue into the hallway. "Hmm.. maybe if I eat this, it will heal me.." I took a candy and popped it in my mouth. I float for a second, then I feel better.

There's another room. I walk forward, Frisk beside me. The floor suddenly collapses, sending us into a lower part. We land on some red leaves. "Frisk, are you okay?" "Yeah.. just a little surprise.." She helps me up, then we go in a secret passage. It takes us up in the room before, but we're on the other side.

We go to the next few rooms and its a bunch of puzzles. We encounter more monsters and get a ton of GOLD but no EXP or something. Then we reach a room where there's a crossroads. "Let's go.. left." We ignore the path ahead, going left.

There's a dead, black tree in the middle of the room. There are some red leaves at the bottom of it.

Toriel comes, with her phone up to where her ear probably is. She sees us and places her phone in her pocket. She hugs us tightly. "I was so worried.. I am sorry for leaving you two alone.. Why were you not picking up the phone?" "Oh, the phone ran out of batteries." I sweat a single drop, guilty about the prank calls. "I probably forgot to charge it.. well.. Come in my house, I have a surprise for you two!" She unhugs, and turns to go in the cozy little brick house.

Frisk runs over to a leaf pile beside the house and whispers something then walks in. I follow, closing the door behind me. The smell of butterscotch and cinnamon wafts through the air, making it feel a lot more homey.

Wow, the inside is much bigger than I thought.. It's like our little apartment on the surface but a bit bigger. Toriel guides us into a creme-shaded hallway, a few doors line the hallway.

"Surprise! Your very own room! There are two beds, one for each of you. Make yourselves at home, I must tend to my cooking." She runs off into what seems to be the kitchen, leaving us to our own devices.

"This is great, don't you think Frisk?" "Definitely better than that stanky old apartment!" "Haha, yeah. Well, I'm a bit tired. You wanna sleep?" I ruffle Frisk's hair. Frisk yawns, answering my question. I open the door to our new room, everything is a warm color of red-orange. I take a deep sigh and jump in my bed. Frisk tucks herself in. "Goodnight, Frisk." "Goodnight, sis."

---

Decided to put Sans' perspective in here. This is getting fun to write.