I waited a second to see if he noticed that I was staring wide eyed and pursed lipped at him but he only continued to look at my jean shorts covered derrière. "Or you could start designing Kevlar jockstraps for men who don't know how to keep their eyes where they should be."

He nodded absentmindedly, still not looking away from my butt. "Yeah. You're probably right." He hadn't heard a word I said.

Bending back up I grabbed a pillow off the sofa closest to me and threw it at him. "Bash!"

He only just caught it before it could hit him in the face. A few of the dangly tassels on the edges however slapped his cheek in a satisfying way.  Alek was concentrating much harder on the spec sheets than he needed to. The corners of his lips were tight and a small dimple was showing.

"What?"

I titled my head to the side in a mock serious exasperation trying not to enjoy it. "I'm starting to think you only asked me to help you with this so you could stare at my..."

The burst of fear and panic hit me so hard I stumbled. Throwing my arm out to catch my balance there was nothing there to grab so I ended up side stepping before I righted myself. Alek jerked back against his chair with enough force to send it back a foot and teetered on the rear legs before it slammed back onto all four. Bash reached towards me but I wasn't close enough, his entire body strung tight that for a moment I thought it was coming from him.

When he confirmed there was nothing threatening me in the room he searched along to bond to figure out what startled me but it wasn't me. "I'm fine. It's not me. Who's...?"

Pain shot through the pack bond as one of pack sent out a cry for help. He was too far away to know what was happening to him. Bash pulled on the pack bonds trying to take away some of his pain and get a location on him. It was Jake, one of the submissives. He was new to the pack. He'd only been a werewolf for a few years. The pack in Savannah wasn't a good fit so he bounced around before he came to Bash.

It was over in less than a minute

It was over in less than a minute. All I could tell was he was running away from something, hard and fast. He wasn't fast enough. We all felt the blind terror before he lost consciousness. The bond was still there but it was weak and getting worse.

With a second check on me Bash was out the door of the pack house and Alek wasn't far behind him. I could hear him sending messages to Laurel to get her go-bag. He was sending Alek to grab his truck and pick her up on the way. Bash was running and shifting at the same time, clothes ripping and leaving pieces behind. He was full wolf by the time he made it to the tree line running in Jake's direction.

Zeek and a few of the others who were in the pack house came out of their rooms or up from the basement. Everyone else was at work but we had all felt it. Residual pain echoed through the bond. Jake was in bad shape.

I closed my eyes and tried to send calm through the bond. I kept it to a minimum. He needed his wolf to fight so he would survive; if I sent his wolf to sleep he could die. I eased up just enough to get his heart rate down so he wouldn't lose too much blood.