Kittens (Part 1 of 2)

Start from the beginning

Phantom appears next to her and they continue forward into the room, spotting a certain raven haired witch boy who's grabbing a crystal.

'It's Klarion!' Phantom shouts.

'Do not engage,' Kaldur responds. 'Wait until the rest of us are there.'

'No can do,' Spook says, seeing him open a portal. 'He just opened a portal. It's now or never.'

The twins power up an ectobeam and shoot through the portal, dispersing it. Klarion turns around, anger written all over his face.

"Aw, it's the kiddies," Klarion groans, noticing the twins. Teekl mews beside him. "How should I know?!" The rest of the team appear behind them and Teekl meows again, Klarion clutches the crystal in his hand. "Don't rub it in!"

KF shakes his head. "Just like a crazy cat lady. I'm sure you and Catwoman would get along great. Both of you talk to your weird cats."

Klarion glares at him, summoning up his dark power above his head.

Robin scoffs. "You just had to make the crazy cat lady comment, didn't you?"

Klarion releases his power at the team surrounding him. The team scatters, barely avoiding the witch boy's blasts.

'You idiot,' Phantom scoffs through the mind link.

'Sorry, but I hate cats!' Wally scoffs back from behind a pillar of the building.

'Any ideas, anyone?' Robin asks.

'Target the cat, as usual,' Spook says, peeking from around the pillar she's behind with KF just floating above him. 'I have a clear shot, should I take it?'

'Yes,' Kaldur says. 'I shall provide a distraction for you.' He whips out his water bearers and creates a whip toward Klarion only for Klarion to blast it.

Spook aims her hand at Teekl. 'I'm sorry, kitty!' She blasts her beam at the cat, skidding him backwards. Teekl lets out a hurt yowl, hissing in Spook's direction. 'He's not gone. Must've not blasted hard enough. Sorry, guys.'

Klarion's presence flickers a few times before it settles and he returns completely. Klarion whirls around, eyes glaring when he notices his familiar had been harmed. His eyes widen and his features transform into his more demonic look. "You wanna pick on a poor, unguarded pussy cat?" He summons up more power, a dark red aura surrounding him, floating up high into the air. "Let's see how you like it?!" He throws his arms up in the air, chanting words and making the crystal glow bright. With the final word, the crystal glowed with an amazing feeling of power. The blue glow shot out from the crystal, engulfing each team member in the room with its power.

"No!" Spook screeches.

Each teen screams in pain, the ghosts trying to phase with some success but still continue to get hit. Each member falls to their hands and knees, one by one. Eventually, they fall into the fetal position, continuing to scream in pain. What seemed like forever only lasted but a few seconds as the pain finally stops. Even after it stops, the team continues to wither as they gasp too overwhelmed to move.