one | no, it's Santa Clause

Start from the beginning

"Hi, mom," a sweet innocent voice spoke up from behind as I almost immediately rolled my eyes.

I turned around to see my little sister who was shorter than me by an inch or two, her blue sparkling eyes staring at me with a beam on her face. I clenched my jaw as I rolled my eyes once again before grabbing the car keys and headed to my school bag that was waiting for me in the foyer.

"Take Dakota to school!" my mother yelled.

I scoffed and ignored her before slamming the front door shut behind me as I hopped into my red convertible. I turned on the engine and blasted some of Nicki Minaj's rap songs, earning an irritated look from my neighbours whilst I backed out of the driveway and before I even pressed my foot on the accelerator, I shoved up both of my middle fingers to the world, showing them that I didn't give a flying fuck in what they thought about me.

Within ten minutes, I pulled up next to a black BMW as I glanced at it briefly before shrugging, taking off my sunglasses and throwing them into the passenger's seat. I looked around and scanned for my friends and once I knew they weren't in the parking lot, I strutted towards the school's main entrance where everyone buzzed with excitement.

"Luna!" a feminine voice exclaimed from a distant.

A smile made its way to my face as I strutted towards a group of girls and threw my arms around each and every one of them, embracing them tightly. These girls were my best friends and hell, I wouldn't trade them for the world. They meant too much to me.

"You look fucked," one of my friends, Jiao, commented.

Jiao was a gorgeous Korean girl with brown hair and light brown eyes that seemed to sparkle whenever she was up to something mischievous. I loved every single thing about her because, well if I didn't, she wouldn't be my best friend.

I shrugged. "Mom did it again this morning."

"It was so worth it though," one of my other best friends spoke up, smirking as she flipped her raven black curly hair behind her shoulders. Tori.

Tori was an amazing person. She had beautiful dark skin and dark brown eyes that made her look like a bad bitch but she took advantage of her sweet, innocent smile by getting whatever she wanted.

I frowned as I realised someone was missing. "Where's Hailee?"

"Probably having morning sex," Jiao answered with a shrug just as the bell for homeroom. "I'm not surprised though."

Classes flew by pretty quickly and by the time I exited my French class, it was already lunch. I scratched the back of my neck as I walked over towards my locker and opened it, shoving my books inside then slammed my locker shut.

"I don't want to hear it!" a screeching voice exclaimed as I frowned and immediately turned my head to the side to see a multiracial girl who has Cuban and Brazilian ancestry. Her raven black hair was loosely curled perfectly and her dark brown eyes hot with wet tears.

"Come on, Hailee!" the male shouted as he placed his hands in the air in exasperation. "You're always like this." I squinted into the distance and my eyes instantly widened at the sight of the school's football captain.

I strutted towards the fuming couple and placed my hands on my hips as I cocked an eyebrow at Hailee who walked right into me. She mumbled an apology but when she looked up and realised it was her best friend, her dark brown eyes immediately lit up in excitement. "Luna!"

I rolled my eyes. "No, it's Santa Clause. What's going on here?"

The school's football captain was much taller than I was and I was 5'10 as I stared up at the brown-haired boy, his dark blue eyes filled with concern. "Luna, tell Hailee that I didn't cheat on her."

I groaned and plastered on a fake smile. "Hailee, love, you know he wouldn't dare hurt you because if he did, I would've beaten his ass by now."

"I saw him with another girl!" Hailee shouted as she formed a pout on her lips.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Hailee, Matt has a twin brother and he also has a girlfriend."

Hailee frowned and tilted her head to the side in confusion.

I sighed heavily. "What did the girl look like?"

"Blonde hair and short," she mumbled under her breath as if finally realising the truth.

I nodded. "Yup, that's Matt's twin's girlfriend."

"I told you, babe!" Matt voiced, rubbing his temples.

Hailee gave me an appreciative smile before forming an adorable pout on her lips as she spun on her heels to face her boyfriend and sniffed, probably making an adorable face. "Matt, baby, no need to scream at me. I have feelings too."

I stifled a laugh before Matt's face fell and wrapped his arms around Hailee who crushed her boyfriend into her arms. I grinned and patted Hailee's head before turning on my heel as I strutted towards the parking lot but before I could get any further, someone grabbed my shoulder and pulled me around, crashing their lips onto my own.

It all happened too fast.

I was too stunned to even move a single muscle and too numb to even feel anything.

It felt like an eternity later that the towering figure in front of me pulled away, a smirk playing on his pink lips. He turned around and crossed his arms over his chest, facing the brunette-haired cheerleader who looked like she was going to explode.

"Told you I moved on," the guy who kissed me said with a casual shrug as I began to clench my fist. He turned around again and came to my side before draping an around my shoulder as a crowd gathered around the three of us, including my friends who I knew were secretly rooting for me. "Now, would you please stop chasing after me? I'm getting fucking sick of it."

The brunette-haired cheerleader let out a scream of frustration before storming off through the crowd. I shot a death glare at each and every person who gulped under my glare before dispersing.

"Hey, I'm sorr-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I made sure my fist connected with his sharp jawline, sending him to the floor as he winced in pain and looked up at me, shocked as if he just realised who he had kissed.

My jaw unhinged as I realised who I had just punched.

Ashton Nixon.

One of two of the most delinquent boys that have ever existed in our school.

"You fucking deserved that," I hissed before walking away from him who was still staring at me, drilling holes in the back of my head. "Idiot."

a/n: how was the first chapter?! Aurora...oh I mean Luna is feisty and I'm already loving her character. That's me everyday at school by the way, wanting to slam my fist into fake people's faces. 

Don't forget to vote!

Ariella xo