Ella was speechless. She had never heard of any such thing before. She put her arm around Camilla in a comforting manner but didn’t say anything.

They reached the café in a few minutes. Camilla checked her appearance to make sure that it didn’t look like she had been crying.

“Let’s go!” She said, returning to her happy self. But now, Ella could see the sliver of sadness beneath her façade.

Ella followed Cam into a beautiful outdoor garden café. She saw her friend waving at someone and moving towards him. The two girls stopped at a table near the park, where children were playing with their parents and relaxing in the sun.

Camilla walked over to the blonde who was sitting at the table and enveloped him in a tight hug. The man’s eyes closed at her touch and Ella could see that he loved her.

“Kevin, this is Ella. Ella, this is Kevin.” She introduced the two, looking genuinely happy as she wrapped one arm around Kevin’s waist.

“It’s so good to finally meet you, Ella! I’ve already heard a lot about you.” Kevin said, flashing Ella a million dollar smile and extending his hand for her to shake.

“I hope only good things! It’s nice to meet you too, Kevin.” Ella said, smiling easily as she shook his hand.

The three sat down, Kevin and Camilla on one side and Ella facing the two.

“How was your day?” Camilla asked Kevin softly, her eyes full of love.

“It was alright. I missed you, though.” He replied, kissing her.

Ella looked at the happy couple and smiled. Despite what Camilla said about her not being Kevin’s true mate, Ella knew that she had nothing to worry about. It was obvious that Kevin adored her.

The trio had a great time at lunch. Ella soon found out that Kevin was a charming guy who was easy to get along with. It didn’t take them a lot of time to become open with each other and make jokes.

Lunch was perfect and for the duration of it, Ella almost forgot about her mom and Parker.

“This was awesome, guys.” Ella said to the two as they left the café.

“For me too. I have to say I’m glad that our house mate isn’t some creepy kleptomaniac.” Kevin said giving Cam a pointed look.

“That was one time, okay! God, give me a break man! How was I supposed to know that she would steal everything?” Cam said rolling her eyes, making everyone laugh.

That’s how Ella spent the rest of the day-hanging out with Kevin and Camilla. They never made her feel like the third wheel and made her laugh more than she had in years.

*

Parker woke up with a terrible headache, thanks to his ‘sleeping assistant’ last night. He had a long bath, changed into a crisp new shirt and went down to the dining room. He couldn’t stand the thought of food so he just had two Advil and coffee.

Parker went straight to the study to start the day’s work. He was signing some important papers when his beta and best friend, Kevin came.

“Hey Parker, would you like to go for a run?” He asked him.

“I can’t, Kevin.” Parker said gruffly.

“What do you mean, you can’t? Too much paper work?” He asked again.

Parker sighed and finally looked up to see his best friend. His once dull, green eyes were shining which made Parker relax a bit.

“Kevin, I need to talk to you about something.” Parker said finally, deciding to spill the beans.