Imma get a scholarship

|Third Person|

All newly graduated Alexander Hamilton ever wanted was to impress his family, to make them proud. He doesn't have many friends, nor talents, just his brilliance that earns him a scholarship to his dream school: Columbia University. He now stands on the famous steps of the pillar-covered library, the star of the campus. His cousin who lives in an apartment in the heart of New York City stands beside Alexander, holding one of his suitcases while he holds the other, along with his backpack.

"I think your dorm is over there, Alex." He gestures to the left where a tall brick and steel building stands. Large windows poke through the walls, all tinted a dark grey color. He still stares at the statue before him, it's said that there's a rose hidden within and the first student to find it becomes valedictorian. He bites his lip, wondering if it's been found yet.

He finally manages to tear his gaze away, look at his cousin. He checks a paper in his hand. The only reason he's here is because he attended a couple of years ago himself. "Let's go." Alexander mumbles, squinting into the sun of the warm fall sky. They start off toward the building, walking silently side by side.

Alex was always the kind of black sheep of the family per say. He was quiet at family gatherings, usually hiding away with a book or one of his journals. None of his distant family had ever really had a real conversation with him. He doesn't mind though, the only thing on his mind is getting an education and the constant commentary of what's happening around him.

"Daniel?" Someone says Alexander's cousin's name aloud. It pulls him from his thoughts as he lifts his head to see who he thinks is a professor. He's clad in a tweed jacket and slacks, his long curly hair tied back as he approaches the men.

"Professor Laurens." Daniel acknowledges. Alex goes about inspecting the man further. He's got hazel eyes and a freckle dotted face. He's rather cute, Alexander observes innocently. He's only been here for about half an hour, he's not going to develop a crush on someone like a professor this soon.

"What're you doing here?" Professor Laurens asks. As he speaks he shifts his brown leather briefcase from his left hand to his right. He looks up at Alexander who stands a couple inches above his head, unlike his cousin who seems to be about the same height.

"This is my cousin, Alexander Hamilton. He's starting classes tomorrow. I'm helping him settle." The professor nods, rolling his lip between his teeth as he mulls over this. He always liked Daniel he wasn't at the top of his class, but he was dedicated.

"Well, I hope to see you in one of my classes." Professor Laurens sticks his hand out to Alexander. Alex takes it, making nervous eye contact as he shifts his hand up and down twice.

"Uh, me too." He says, almost to quiet to be heard.

"I'll let you get settled in then." The professor says, nodding at his old student and possible new one. Then he's walking off in the opposite direction.

Daniel guides Alex the rest of the way to the check in desk by the elevators without further interruption. He points out a  library and a lounge room before dinging the bell on the desk. An upper classman appears. He asks for a name then picks out a key from his drawer. He checks off Alex's name and directs them to the third floor.

The hall is empty outside Alexander's room. The door opposite his reads two names already scribbled on the white-board: Lafayette and Samuel Seabury. His own door is blank, he can't help but wonder who his roommate will be as he twists the key in the door and takes in the small room.

There's two thin beds against the left wall, a closet on either side of the door. Further in, Alex sees two desks opposite the beds, only one plain floor lamp to offer decoration. Daniel sets Alex's suitcase beside on of the beds.

"I'll leave you to get settled in- unless you need help unpacking?" Alex shakes his head, wandering over to the window to check out the view. "Alright, call if you need anything, and remember aunt Margot is coming this weekend." Alexander nods and taps on the wall unit air conditioner. Eventually, he hears the door open and close and he's left alone.

He turns on his heel. Looking over the beds, he decides he wants the one closest to the window. He yanks his bags over to it, digging out a blanket and pillow stuffed into a suitcase. As he unpacks, he notices just how little he brought with him. It didn't seem that way when he was packing back in Jersey. Then it seemed he was taking his whole room to college. Now, there's his laptop, clothes, a couple of books, and his journals and pens. All his textbooks we're shipped here ahead of time, and sure enough there's a stack of books next to a dry erase marker. He picks it up, rolling it in his palm, wondering if he should wait for his roommate to write his name on the door, but decides against it as he walks into the still empty hallway.

He poises his marker over the board, writing Alexander in his trademark blocky writing. The door behind him opens and he whirls around in alarm, but realses a breath when he sees a guy about his height with slicked- back, dark hair. The other guy chuckles under his breath.

"You scared me, garçon." He says in a French accent. Alexander shakes his head, capping his marker.

"Sorry, I'm Alexander."

"Lafayette." He smiles. He opens his mouth to say something, but is interrupted by another guy walking down the hall, his arm slung around a giggling girl.

"Hey!" The guy slurs, his red-brown hair disheveled atop his head. Alex glances at his watch, seeing that it's only about four in the afternoon. "Laf, you'd better not be planning on goin' in the room. I've got plans." He licks his lips and looks down at the girl who only giggles again and tugs at his sleeve. Lafayette shakes his head in disgust and exchanges a look with Alexander.

"Don't worry about it, I'm taking my new ami for coffee." He scrunches his nose and gestures to Alexander to follow him. They walk quickly down the hall, not speaking until they're at the bank of elevators. "Sorry about that." Lafayette apologizes. Alexander only shakes his head.

"It's ok, I'm just glad I'm not across the hall from them." He scrunches his nose again and the boys laugh.

"Coffee?" Lafayette offers, Alex nods.

LAMS! Shipped! Ahh!
Otp babies omg.

Ok I'm done. Hope you enjoy, I love, love, love Hamilton so I hope to do these characters justice.
<

3