02

I wake up at 6:00 AM, after hearing Wendy say she needed to go to work. Whatever. I roll out of bed, and look in my dresser. I smile, seeing that Benny had placed many of his shirts and sweatshirts in my drawer, after I joked around with him about his style.

I choose not to take any, because it's over a hundred degrees today, and I told Benny we should go to the pool. I'll have to ask him where he was going yesterday, though. I slip on a cropped, black, lacy tanktop, a pair of jean shorts, a denim jacket (which i won't pull over my shoulders), and a pair of black strappy sandals.

I climb out of my window, it's easier to get to Benny's this way, and climb through his window.

"Yo, Benny boy, get the fork up." I laugh as he falls out of bed, rolled up in the covers.

"Mmh. I'm ready." He stands up, in his classic outfit, a Dodgers jersey, a baseball shirt, and a pair of old levis. I roll my eyes, he slept in those.

"We're probably going to the pool today, watch. If we do, we can come back to change, let's just go meet the boys at the field." I roll my eyes as I feel his travelling up and down my body. "Benny, my eyes are up here." I laugh as he looks up, blushing.

"Let's gooooo!!" I do the Dora jump to lighten the mood, and smile as I hear Benny's laugh.

"Wait, why is there a moving van in front of Bertram's house?" I question, "and where did you go last night?"

"Yesterday was his last day playing on the sandlot. And being in town in general, there's a few new kids moving into town now. The brothers are gone, too." He points to another house with a different moving truck in front of it. "We had a campout after I ate lasagna with you, to discuss the beast with Smalls. He had never had a s'more before. Can you believe that?" His eyes widen in shock as I just snicker at his expression.

"I love s'mores! And chocolate. And marshmallows." I smile as he laughs at my energetic rant, and we begin our walk. When we got to the sandlot, the sun seemed really angry, and dared to attack us with heat.

"Woah, it's way hotter over here then it was back at home," Benny fans his face with his hands as we reach the dugout where all the boys are, and they all look me up and down; just as Benny had done. I clear my throat to gain their attention.

"Looks like you're missing two boys," I smile as Ham hands me a soda, I guess he thinks I'm okay, now that he knows I can play. Then, speak of the devil, Yeah-yeah comes along, dragging a dazed Squints behind him.

"What took you guys so long? We've been waiting here forever already." Benny questioned, already sweating.

"Aw, Squints was perving a dish." Yeah-yeah says, handing Benny the baseball as I snicker.

"No, I was NOT. Shut up." Squints denies, sitting on the bench.

"Yeah, yeah, you were! You were all like, 'Oh, Wendy Peffercorn, my darling lover girl,'" he says, pretending to swoon as I giggle loudly.

"I said shut UP! I've got a lot of things on my mind." he crosses his arms and glares at Yeah-yeah.

"Like my cousin..?" I mutter under my breath, hearing the boys snicker like children.

"AGH, this pop isn't working, Benny," he groans, "I'm BAKING LIKE A TOASTED CHEESER, it's SO HOT HERE!!!" I laugh at his panting expression, as everyone wonders why I'm not sweaty.

I eventually stop listening for awhile, until I hear something about "wearing your momma's bra" coming from Benny's mouth. I raise my hand.

"I already wear a bra, why would I wear someone else's?" Benny just shakes his head and gives me a half smile.