01

(THIS IS FOR YOU KATIE)

(THE NEXT BENNY FANFIC I WRITE WILL BE FOR YOU CATIE)

damn i have a lot of friends named katie or catie smh

(BASED IN PRESENT DAY, NOT 1962)

I picked up the last box, knowing it was mine, because my name, "Katie Selena Wilson," was written on it in my father's neat-messy writing. I trudged down to my new room, which was next to my cousin Wendy's. Yep, Wendy Peffercorn, "the prettiest girl in town" was my cousin. I moved in with her, because (JUST PRETEND THANK YOU) my father is Thomas E. Wilson, owner of the Wilson company, and has been needing to travel a whole lot, so my only uncle offered to take care of me. No, I couldn't have stayed with my mom. She ran away after giving birth to me, and was never heard from again. 

"Katie, I wanna take you around town, hurry it up, cuz!!!" Wendy demanded, as she walked into my new room in a tight crop-top and a pair of jean shorts.

"Okay, I'm ready." I put my softball gear in the corner of the room, and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I have on a black "Stussy" jersey, light-washed ripped boyfriend jeans, white PF Flyers, and a diamond septum nose ring. We walked outside of our two-story house, the only one on the block - which only boys lived on - and contemplated whether or not we should drive. I'm 16, Wendy's 18, we both have our licences, buuuut it's a lot of work, so we decide to walk.

"Hmm, that blonde kid is new.." Wendy spoke as we walked down our block and near the stores.

"We should go say hi, I'm new, too, I need to meet people other than you." I laugh as Wendy rolls her eyes.

"You can go, I'll wait over here." She walks over to the sidewalk on the right of the blonde boy's house.

"Hi, are you new here? I am, my name is Katie." I walk up to the boy who, as I was before, picked up a box out of the moving van.

"Uh - h-hey, yeah. I-I'm Scott Smalls." He turned red, surprised that I came up to him.

"Nice to meet you, I gotta go with my cousin to who-knows-where, but I'm sure I'll see ya soon, Scotty," I smile at him and walk over to Wendy.

"Finally, let's go, you nice muffin." She snickers as we arrive at a drugstore, and I roll my eyes.

"Why are we here? I thought they said this store was closed down." (IT IS NOW AND IT'S SO SAD) I cross my arms, as one of my many rings almost falls off of my hand.

"Welp, ya thought wrong, munch!" She opens the door, and leads me through the small store.

"Woah, cool! They sell my dad's baseballs here!" I pick one up and look over as two or three boys walk in, also looking at the baseballs.

"Hey, mind moving? Girls aren't supposed to be in this section anyway." A small, chubby, red-headed kid says to me, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah! Girls don't play baseball." A short, tan, kid, with brown hair to match, agrees with the chubby boy.

"Excuse me?" I turn around, while the boys look at me like they've never seen a girl before. "I've played since I was four, I'm sixteen now, and I've been on the varsity softball team since freshman year! This is the freaking twenty-first century, girls are allowed to play baseball, you dimwits." I glare at all three of them. (I actually started in fourth grade, but I've never played travel)

"You're still a girl." The fat kid retorts, looking at a short, gawky kid with wide-framed glasses, who gawks at me and my cousin. 

"You guys are so stupid! My cousin here is almost as good as Mr. All-Star Benny Rodriguez, so why don't you shut the fuck up, you children." Wendy backs me up, and gets in the faces of the two boys. I glare at her last remark, because they look my age.