Note: Mild spoilers for Cries ahead. I advice readers to read Cries first. If you have read Cries, then go ahead without pause :)

Anna Rae Walker had never seen her father. Even from the deepest of her memories, she couldn't find a glimpse of that man who was partially responsible for her existence. The sad fact was that, even her mother doesn't remember him.

Mia Walker never remembered anything from her life before Rae. It was as if one day she woke up, and she was a 28 year old woman with an infant.

The doctors had told that she went into a vegetative coma and her returning to senses was in and itself a big miracle. When she had woken up from the coma, she was as good as a new born. She looked at everything as if they were brand new. She couldn't identify her own father, Callaghan Walker. But the one person she did identify was the cute, doll – like, baby girl, Rae.

Her father, whom she accepted more than identified, had told her that she had been married since she was twenty years old. She eloped with the man she was married to and her father had known nothing about him since he was never in touch with them. He didn't even know his name. Mia didn't too.

So, they both were of no use to the police who were investigating the case of a missing person whose memories were neither created nor stored in the memory of the two people who themselves filed the case. The police thought they could find some evidence of this person even existing in the house where Mia was found unconscious.

But what good can come out of searching a house that is on fire? The two houses in that deserted street were on fire, possibly a kitchen or an electrical fire, but that didn't matter. What mattered was that there were just ashes remaining when the fire fighters stopped the fire. So, any evidence of the missing person had become prey to the fire. The police had nothing to do but dissolve the case.

Mia didn't feel sad then, because she couldn't seem to remember even seeing a man who was supposedly her husband. Sure, she was very curious to see such a man. Perhaps she also hoped that seeing that man might return her memories. But why would she feel anything else for him otherwise?

In fact, the only person who she felt anything for was her little bundle of joy Rae. Her baby noises and cute expressions made Mia forget the whole world. She often forgot that she was Mia Walker; yet she never seemed to forget that she was Rae's mother. It was almost scary that she never forgot Rae; almost.

Mia was smiling that morning, happy that her dearest daughter had finally found love. And she was even happy that it was a girl as sweet as Amana Lincoln. She knew right from the moment Amana entered her house that no one could be perfect for Rae like she was. 

Her mind traveled back to last week when Rae had called her and told that she had been dating a girl and that she wanted to introduce her to the most important woman in her life, her mother. Mia was over the moon, ready to drop the phone and jump with joy, but she knew better than to prove her daughter right. Rae always described herself as the 'sane person' of the relationship she had with Mia. She often called herself 'The Real Adult' of the house. This was because Mia was very expressive with her emotions, whether it was small or large, while Rae was always calm. It must have been, Mia often found herself wonder, a trait that she got from her father.

There were other traits and appearances that Mia doubted as a gene from Rae's father. From Rae's dark brunette curls to her chocolate brown eyes, there were a lot of factors in which the daughter doesn't resemble the mother. Mia was blond with steel blue eyes, a well mix of her mother's hair and father's eyes, as Callaghan had said and showed to her through pictures. She often wondered how she couldn't even remember her own mother. Callaghan had said that Mia's mother had died giving birth to her, so it didn't matter anyways. But still, there was this one small part in Mia's head that made her feel guilty for all the things she didn't remember.