Chapter- 50{Taming the heat}

Start from the beginning

"Hey," She drew his attention and Aryan turned around. 

He looked rather amused seeing Nandini there. 

"Hey," He replied still unsure why she was there. His eyes roamed around and she sighed. 

"Would you mind if I join for few minutes?" She tried to start a conversation. Air between them wasn't much comfortable. 

"Sure," He replied with a smile. 

Both stood at bank of river looking at stream for few moments before she spoke. 

"I wanted to thank you for other day," She spoke softly as her wisps flowed in mild wind. 

"I should have done it before but I didn't get time," She said looking down. 

Aryan looked at her amused. 

"There's no need of thanking me, Nandini," He replied and she smiled. 

She felt a burden getting off her chest. Aryan had helped them to escape that hell and she wanted to thank him since when they had come back. 

"Anything else?" Aryan asked as his eyes again roamed around. It looked like he was apprehensive about something. 

"No," She replied as she turned around to leave. 

"Hey Nandini," He called out and she turned around. 

"I am happy that you found your father," He said and she smiled. 

Resuming her walk back to tent, she chewed her lips thinking about a lot of things. All lost in her mind, she gasped as soon as Manik held her from upper arm. It was dead dark till then. She couldn't see his face clearly but she knew it was him. He dragged her away from camp site and she struggled in his grip. 

"Manik," She called out in irritation but he didn't bother. 

"Where are we going?" She asked baffled but he didn't budge. 

With a sharp pull, he pinned her to a big rock. His eyes were shining with some kind of rage in that dark and his grip was merciless. 

"Why were you talking to him?" He asked and she tried to fight his grip. 

"There's no chance I am going to answer this," She replied furiously. 

"Why?" He asked inching closer. 

"Because I don't think I owe you an answer for that," She replied through her teeth. 

He stared her for few seconds before he turned her around with a jerk. Her arm twisted painfully as he held her closer. Her back pasted to his hard torso, while her other hand held rock for keeping the balance. 

"I bet a thank you was not much of a private moment," He whispered furiously. His breaths hit her ear like a slap as he uttered that. 

"So you spied," She asked offended. 

"No, I just heard what I should have," He replied over her ear. His grip on her wrist was painful. 

"You cannot own me, Manik," She was infuriated. He was being unreasonable. 

"I am not," He replied almost in a second, "If you have started to feel suffocated around me then it's another case."

Nandini gasped hearing him cut her through. It bled inside but she couldn't go weak. 

"You really think that way?' She asked, her voice giving away. 

"You said I own you," He spat bitterly. Her skin was aching now with heat of his flesh.