Chapter Six

Seth Rollins

  "Anyway, it doesn't matter how much, how often, or how closely you keep an eye on things because you can't control it. Sometimes things and people just go. Just like that." -Cecelia Ahern

A week has passed and I still can't sleep at night. My eyes dart around the room, I turn and twist and can't seem to fall asleep. Every hotel I've stayed at I always chose a room where I could see the door so I could stare at it and hope for a knock, hope for the ring of a bell or at least something. My body couldn't seem to find peace and so didn't my mind, I kept thinking about our kiss and I couldn't make myself stop no matter how much I tried. Her lips so soft, her moans gentle and silent, her tongue moving in rhythm with mine, her breast against my chest and then... her smirk as she left my room, leaving me speechless. That is the one thing I remember so clearly, I wanted more, I want her besides me, against me, on top of me. She left too soon and I wanted her back. But I haven't seen her ever since, not at work, not outside of work, she doesn't even respond to my calls or messages. I might seem desperate I know, but I don't care. I just want her, I want her so bad it hurts.

Grunting I scanned my eyes around the room, looking for my phone. I should change my alarm sound it's so annoying. As soon as I found it I grabbed the damned thing and put the alarm off, finally able to take a deep breath and dropped my head on the pillow as I closed my eyes. Being home always felt nice but suddenly it didn't. My bed was supposed to be my greatest comfort, now it wasn't. I sat up, letting my feet touch the cold floor and slowly blinked my eyes as I sighed out loud and pushed myself off the bed. I dragged myself towards the bathroom, going through my normal morning routine and after I was done I didn't even hurry towards the kitchen no matter how hungry I was. As quickly as I made the toast as quickly did I consume it. Everything was such a drag now and I wasn't sure what it was. Was it because of her? Something else? Though I didn't know why I was even questioning it, I could put my money on it that I was her. I was like some in love teenager boy, craving her attention and behaving like a depressed dog when I didn't get it. I must have looked like a fool, I know it for sure. But I couldn't do much about it, she had such an effect on me. And gosh I hated it with all my gut. She had an unbelievably good grip on me and no matter how many times I've tried to push her away I kept pulling her closer. Letting her destroy me, eat my own heart out. She was beautiful, gosh so beautiful I couldn't stop looking at her, I'd stare at her for days if I could, but at the same time she was cold hearted, a manipulator, she was a butcher with minds and I was like a fateful mistreated dog running after her even if I knew she would get me hurt. But I couldn't get enough of her.

Three weeks have passed. Should I be worried? Is there something wrong? Did she leave? Does she just not want contact? Has something happened to her? Gosh no, fuck. No heck no just... no okay? I have to stop thinking that, I know... but it keeps crossing my mind. She hasn't been at work, she didn't call back or send any message... I haven't been that desperate yet to ask about her to her friends, I don't want them to suspect anything. But who would not show up at work for three weeks? Maybe I'm just wrong, maybe she's just avoiding me. But then I would have seen her in her matches, right? I shouldn't be worried, she doesn't care about me, neither should I care about her but I can't stop myself.

My theme music starts playing as I stood up and let the referee raise my hand. Another win, no surprise. I jumped down the ring and made my way backstage as I ran a hand through my hair. I startled a little when a couple of the girls nearly attack me to congratulate me on my win, I smiled widely and thanked them. If only Nicole was here to congratulate me instead of them. As I made my way to my locker room I couldn't help but notice a familiar name. "Nikki-" I swiftly turned around to see a couple of the make-up girls chatting among themselves. "-yeah nobody's heard abo-" I pushed my way through a bunch of people walking my way as I tried to get closer to hear their conversation. "I don't exactly know just that she-" they instantly stopped talking and stared at me as if I was a creature from another planet. Keep talking, god damnit! The words never left my mouth, I cleared my throat and quickly went to my locker room. A sigh escaped me as I sat down on the couch and grabbed my hair. What happened? What happened? What happened? It was as if a thousand voices kept whispering the same question in my head. Ping! I startled and shook my head as I took my phone in my hands. My eyes widen, my breathing become uneven, my heart raced faster than any car and my voice shook as I read the message silently underneath my breath. "Rollins you have to help me. I did something stupid, please call me when you can." I swallowed roughly and my hands kept shaking as I my eyes kept scanning the contact name over and over again to make sure it wasn't a mistake. But I wasn't mistaken, It was her. It was really her.